Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

tenor.gif

ay mane....empower them hoes all day, they need motivation too

maybe her reasoning for the inspiration didnt level with everybody but it doesnt have to

im saying just from the aspect of her being a rapper, who gives a fuck.....male rappers say shit we dont agree with and we might even roast them but it doesnt go all into ruining the children and turning men astray lol

shit, at the rate these niggas killing we need the thots turned up pushing out babies double time

seriously tho its just a lil too much pressure, she's not the spokesperson for womankind

but we gone get some fire ass tik toks out of this one

I saw someone compare this to when black people say they are taking ownership of the N word. No, it's different for one very big reason. Black people wanted take ownership of the word by redefining its meaning and then using it internally as something positive. She's not doing that. She's just saying "Hey you want to call me a hoe? Ok, I am one. So what?"

I guess she's embracing who she is and that's fine, but let's not act like she's making some big statement to lift black women up.

I saw someone compare this to when black people say they are taking ownership of the N word. No, it's different for one very big reason. Black people wanted take ownership of the word by redefining its meaning and then using it internally as something positive. She's not doing that. She's just saying "Hey you want to call me a hoe? Ok, I am one. So what?"

I guess she's embracing who she is and that's fine, but let's not act like she's making some big statement to lift black women up.
To add onto this....I dont think it's her embracing being a ho per se lol...I think the analogy is more along the lines of if a white person called you nigger to get you outa character. Men call women hoes/thots cuz they think attacking that gives them leverage over them/the situation. Saying "ok I'm a ho" takes the power out of it if you're unaffected by the insult or you know you're obviously not a ho. Hence the "it's not the drag men think it is" part.

Back