Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

meh lol

thats cool but some things will always be....our empowering "nigga" didnt stop "nigger" from being offensive

I dont think "hoe" will ever really take off in a good way, but the idea makes sense and it aligns with the sport aspect of hip hop....in which women and men have always kinda gone back and forth at each other indirectly....aight ya'll say this ima shoot this back....and thats good for the culture

ive explained this before with men....the worst thing you can be as a man today is broke, period

we can go on a broke boi's campaign but that shit'll never ever be ok or stop being the dragginest drag a woman can hit you with lmaoooo

ay mane....empower them hoes all day, they need motivation too

maybe her reasoning for the inspiration didnt level with everybody but it doesnt have to

im saying just from the aspect of her being a rapper, who gives a fuck.....male rappers say shit we dont agree with and we might even roast them but it doesnt go all into ruining the children and turning men astray lol

shit, at the rate these niggas killing we need the thots turned up pushing out babies double time

seriously tho its just a lil too much pressure, she's not the spokesperson for womankind

but we gone get some fire ass tik toks out of this one

The conversation about the effect of rap on the ruin of children and leading men astray raged on Capital Hill and major news networks in the 90s and early 2000s. That's the pressure that men like NWA, 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Eminem, and Jay Z had to stand against.

Today it's comment sections on Instagram and it's too much pressure for Megan Thee Stallion? Really?
I saw someone compare this to when black people say they are taking ownership of the N word. No, it's different for one very big reason. Black people wanted take ownership of the word by redefining its meaning and then using it internally as something positive. She's not doing that. She's just saying "Hey you want to call me a hoe? Ok, I am one. So what?"

I guess she's embracing who she is and that's fine, but let's not act like she's making some big statement to lift black women up.
Again, it's not who she is. Maybe the discussion would be different if she was genuinely pushing to live the life of a hoe or sex worker. But she isn't. She, like Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Beyonce, and Lil Kim before her all willingly became the face of lifestyles and attitudes that they don't accept themselves. And while their audiences are applying their music to reality, they are sitting in an expensive mansion, secluded, and engaged, married, or at least in love with ONE man.

We crucify any male rapper who lies about gang banging, selling drugs, or being tough. Why should female rappers not be held to the same standard of authenticity?
To add onto this....I dont think it's her embracing being a ho per se lol...I think the analogy is more along the lines of if a white person called you nigger to get you outa character. Men call women hoes/thots cuz they think attacking that gives them leverage over them/the situation. Saying "ok I'm a ho" takes the power out of it if you're unaffected by the insult or you know you're obviously not a ho. Hence the "it's not the drag men think it is" part.

Name me 1 song where a rapper made a song like this about the word "Nigger". There is no "Nigger Shit" song and video with black people terrorizing white people by acting like "niggers".

Last edited:
Everyday I feel like y’all niggas look for dumb shit to be mad about. She a rapper man and we gotta stop giving rappers so much influence. They say dumb shit and here we go trying to dissect it. Saw this shit with Wayne with Hov and others. Realize these ain’t the folks we need to listen too outside of music

This is the role out, it’s to get people talking and paying attention and viewing the content she just put out. Cause, nothing she said is gonna change her level of fame, her wealth, the way she’s viewed. She can come out tomorrow and say she like sucking dudes toes, they’ll be shock and awe and by the end of the summer, enough bird brained individuals whom have the time in the day to do so, will do the toe sucking challenge and people are gonna forget where the toe sucking shit originated and she’s gonna be living comfortably off of the money she’s banked.

Black twitter has an inability to just ignore shit,which would actually be the remedy to shit like this. People are saying where’s the balance, well, y’all ignoring the women who bring it cause balance don’t bring shit like this.

The conversation about the effect of rap on the ruin of children and leading men astray raged on Capito Hill and major news networks in the 90s and early 2000s. That's the pressure that men like NWA, 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Eminem, and Jay Z had to stand against.

Today it's comment sections on Instagram and it's too much pressure for Megan Thee Stallion? Really?

Again, it's not who she is. Maybe the discussion would be different if she was genuinely pushing to live the life of a hoe or sex worker. But she isn't. She, like Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Beyonce, and Lil Kim before her all willingly became the face of lifestyles and attitudes that they don't accept themselves. And while their audiences are applying their music to reality, they are sitting in an expensive mansion, secluded, and engaged, married, or at least in love with ONE man.

We crucify any male rapper who lies about gang banging, selling drugs, or being tough. Why should female rappers not be held to the same standard of authenticity?

Name me 1 song where a rapper made a song like this about the word "Nigger". There is no "Nigger Shit" song and video with black people terrorizing white people by acting like "niggers".

Fame Nas tried to name an entire album “Nigger”

Lol why did you take the nigger analogy seriously? As in...why did you focus on that word specifically instead of the point? Im sure one of these lil soundcloud rappers has done that. But again....that's irrelevant to my point.

Fame Nas tried to name an entire album “Nigger”
Still we choose to ignore, The obvious.
Man this history don't acknowledge us,
We was scholars long before colleges.
They say we N -- I - Double G -- E -- R We - are - much more,
But still we choose to ignore, The obvious.
We are the slave and the master,
What you looking for? You the question and the answer
- Nas, "Nigger"

Hands on my knees, shakin' ass, on my thot shit Hands on my knees, shakin' ass, on my thot shit (Thot shit) Hands on my knees, shakin’ ass, on my thot shit Hands on my knees, ha-hands on my knees Hands on my knees, shakin’ ass, on my thot shit Hands on my knees, shakin' ass, on my thot shit (Thot shit) Hands on my knees, shakin’ ass, on my thot shit Hands on my knees, hands on my knees
- Megan Thee Stallion, "Thot Shit"

Would you like to continue this comparison?

What is the point here?
That there are words/phrases that only really work one way when used as insults....a woman calling a man a ho/thot dont mean shit but it's near flawless when used the other way around....but if the person on the receiving end of the insult gives an "ok...and?" type of response, the offender doesn't have that thing to hold over them.

I'm just reading into what I think meg meant by the tweet. Haven't heard the song or watched the video and don't really care to *shrug*

Lol why did you take the nigger analogy seriously? As in...why did you focus on that word specifically instead of the point? Im sure one of these lil soundcloud rappers has done that. But again....that's irrelevant to my point.
You made the analogy, now follow through with it.

Megan's goal with the song is to embrace being a hoe to nullify the shame associated with the term. If you want to compare the word to "nigger", I challenge you to name 1 song where nigger is used similarly.

That there are words/phrases that only really work one way when used as insults....a woman calling a man a ho/thot dont mean shit but it's near flawless when used the other way around....but if the person on the receiving end of the insult gives an "ok...and?" type of response, the offender doesn't have that thing to hold over them.

I'm just reading into what I think meg meant by the tweet. Haven't heard the song or watched the video and don't really care to *shrug*
I think you should watch it so you can discuss the topic in context instead of assuming upon her intent.

Megan's goal with the song is to embrace being a hoe to nullify the shame associated with the term. If you want to compare the word to "nigger", I challenge you to name 1 song where nigger is used similarly.

My nigga my nigga is used as a term of friendship right but that’s not the original definition so what’s your point

doesnt matter.

words like “thot” “nigga” “bitch” “f*g* and several others, was reclaimed/reappropriated from the hegemony.

groups always reclaimed cultural terms/artifacts that were used in damaging and derogatory ways against them to subvert power and honestly if youre not apart of the marganlized group your opinion on word reclamation doesn't matter.

im not telling gay people they cant reclaim the word f*g

just like white people cant tell us not to reclaim “nigga”

you have no say so in what women choose to reclaim

stay in your lane

Back