Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Megan Thee Stallion - Good News

is she ever going to expand her topics ???

If you a fighter, rider, biter, flame-ignitor, crowd-exciter
Or you want to just get high, then just say it

Why do people say this type of shit about rappers? Its like when people complain "Curren$y only raps about weed and cars". I don't begrudge artists for staying in a certain lane subject-wise. I don't need to hear M.O.P do a introspective song about raising their kids lol. If you want to listen to a femcee spit serious cerebral bars about racism and social issues, go support Rapsody. I expected a better album, but I understand that Meg is making music for clubs and female consumption.

Random question. No secret motive:

Is Meg a better or worse rapper than Fat Joe?

lets keep it a buck, Joe would prolly have a heart attack if he tried to rap that fast lol

Fat Joe is definitely the better storyteller tho. Temptation Part 1 & 2. His verse on Hitler Wears Hermes 7 last year......Joe always been an underrated storyteller.

If you a fighter, rider, biter, flame-ignitor, crowd-exciter
Or you want to just get high, then just say it

Why do people say this type of shit about rappers? Its like when people complain "Curren$y only raps about weed and cars". I don't begrudge artists for staying in a certain lane subject-wise. I don't need to hear M.O.P do a introspective song about raising their kids lol. If you want to listen to a femcee spit serious cerebral bars about racism and social issues, go support Rapsody. I expected a better album, but I understand that Meg is making music for clubs and female consumption.

lets keep it a buck, Joe would prolly have a heart attack if he tried to rap that fast lol

Fat Joe is definitely the better storyteller tho. Temptation Part 1 & 2. His verse on Hitler Wears Hermes 7 last year......Joe always been an underrated storyteller.

I mean...

Naw. I hate this excuse.

it’s either a dope record that you play or a trash record that you don’t. Pick a side

bruh it’s music it’s not any facts to it. I can like a track and you can hate that same track. And it’s not like you be bumping lil Kim and female rappers bruh and it ain’t cause they wack

bruh it’s music it’s not any facts to it. I can like a track and you can hate that same track. And it’s not like you be bumping lil Kim and female rappers bruh and it ain’t cause they wack

But you literally dissed a different type of music cuz you don’t like it. Well using your own words it’s not for you.

But I judge by if I would listen to it and if I don’t I think it’s trash. All that other stuff talking bout it’s not for so and so means nothing. If you like it you would listen.

She's not good enough to be using classic beats

Ehhh..she been doing that. We cant tell upcoming artists what to do, far as beats. Is the oldest formula in the industry book. If your artists that you invested mad money on, is having hard time making a headline catching single. The label gon go find a producer that can grab an old classic n flip that shit. Nobody gon cake up off the song sales bc they probably had to agree to some low percentage points by the owner of said sample, but is gon create a buzz for the album, merch and tour. When u an artist on these 360 deals, is not just about the albums obviously. The label need to keep them buzzing.

Megan can rap that’s never been the problem. But if you heard one song you’ve heard them all.

I think she found her lane and is stuck in it. That's the down side of having an image work so well. It happens to rappers that come out on some "super thug" shit too and it works. It puts them in a box and they feel they cant create outside of that, in fear that they'll lose their base. I think she is a great rapper, nicky as well. But the subject matter is limited in both cases. Cardi B cant rap like these chicks, so I can see why she would stay in her lane. But nicky and megan if they wanted to could go down as two of the greates MCs w the right subject matter and management. The challenge is, they will need to find people who are more concerned about their overall legacy than financial returns

Back