Welcome To aBlackWeb

Not a terrible time

PRAISE: I laughed and was entertained far more than I expected to watching this movie about a stay-at-home dad enjoying his first me-time in years by reconnecting with an old friend for a wild weekend that may upend his life.
Kevin Hart as Sonny Fisher and Mark Wahlberg as Huck Dembo have great chemistry as each play off each other's strengths in scenes that are absolutely hilarious blending sight gags and toilet humor. The film is a blend of Hall Pass and Mr. Mom and even manages to fit in some life lessons about only hearing yourself and not making assumptions about people. The supporting cast was very good including: Regina Hall · Tahj Mowry. Kabir · Jimmy O. Yang · Carlo Rota. Alberto . Andrew Santino .Luis Gerardo Méndez,Anna Maria Horsford and John Amos. The film has the vibe of one of Adam Sandlers better comedies.

PROBLEMS: There is a been there done that feel to some of the movie. Some of the story threads were very predictable and there were moments that I have seen in over a dozen buddy comedies I've watched over the years. Every gag doesn't work as well as the writers thought they would.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Wasn't bad. It's a "It is what it is" kinda movie. I sat on my ass in my home and watched a stupid little buddy comedy movie, and got my laughs during it.

I didn't go in expecting a great movie though. I went in expecting a short movie that would pass the time before I went to bed and give me some laughs. It did its job for me.

Back