Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video MC Serch Ethers Jay -Z About The Facts Behind Nas Publishing Deal

It's literally the first 2-3 mins but basically the "nigga you was getting fucked and I know who I paid God, Serchlite Publishing" from Takeover Jay made it seem like Nas didn't own his publishing. But according to Serch Nas does own his publishing and Jay had to pay Nas 25% in royalties to sample Dead Presidents.

At least according to serch Serchlite just handled the business side of publishing for Nas but they didn't/don't own it.

Had??? Bruh, Nas STILL collectin' publishing checks from that song.

Rip the Freeway, shoot through Memphis with MoneyBags
Stop in Philly, order cheese steaks and eat Beans fast
And bring it back up top, remove the fake king of New York
You show off, I count dough off when you sample my voice
I rule you, before, you used to rap like the Fu-Schnickens
Nas designed your Blueprint, who you kidding?

True, but let's not act like either Dead President songs are Jay's biggest hits. Nas might get enough from royalties for a couple pizza and a 6 pack of some decent beer.

You must not know how royalties work, every time someone buys or downloads Reasonable Doubt Nas will get a check, Jay sampled him on Rap game/Crack game too from Vol 1.

Royalty statements can vary from hundreds of dollars to thousands per month or per quarter,I think publishing is per quarter. Either way its ''free'' money for the rest of your life.

It's literally the first 2-3 mins but basically the "nigga you was getting fucked and I know who I paid God, Serchlite Publishing" from Takeover Jay made it seem like Nas didn't own his publishing. But according to Serch Nas does own his publishing and Jay had to pay Nas 25% in royalties to sample Dead Presidents.

At least according to serch Serchlite just handled the business side of publishing for Nas but they didn't/don't own it.

So 20 years later Nas owns all his publishing and Search was just holding it for him?

Had??? Bruh, Nas STILL collectin' publishing checks from that song.

Nas-stillmatic-music-album.jpg

Back