Welcome To aBlackWeb

I love this cartoon series the old one and the new one on Netflix (I never got a chance to check for the 2002 remake). I watched this yesterday and I liked it a lot b/c it was a continuation from the 80s cartoon. The only thing I was disappointed about that it was only 5 episodes. I just wonder how long Part 2 is gone take to drop.

I ain't even trippin on the nerd extremists complaining about "WhY iS tHe ShoW cEntEReD aROunD TEEla?" I liked the fact that Kevin Smith switched up the formula A LOT from the 80's MOTU show and gave the supporting characters plenty of shine.

Out of a lot of 80's cartoons I don't think MOTU gets it full props like Thundercats/TMNT does.

Yeah. Man-At-Arms is the adoptive father of Teela. Her actual father died but I forgot why the Sorceress gave her away.
After a failed kidnap attempt by Mer-Man, the Sorceress willingly gives Teela to Man-At-Arms to be raised as his own daughter. ... Teela's biological father is never revealed; Man-At-Arms says he was one of Eternia's greatest men.

Sorceress wouldn't have been able to protect her as she must focus on Greyskull and it would've been too dangerous.

Sorceress: SKELETOR...YOU WILL NEVER GET CASTLE GRAY SK...wait...Teela. Hold on Skeletor...TEELA! No baby that's not a toy. Put the magical orb back. Go sit...*sighs*...Skeletor lemme go deal wit this lil girl. Just come back tomorrow.

Lol

Last edited:
Exactly!

And I don't recall a "gay agenda" in this. Just b/c Teela was Rollin wit ole girl...I don't recall her mentioning any romantic relationship.

If anything...her and Adam seem to be hinting they got feelings for each other. I have no problem wit the show and the direction it took.
It seems to me like they kept hinting at her and chick being a thing, then Heman came back into the picture.
Feels like they're trying to make Yeela bi

I love this cartoon series the old one and the new one on Netflix (I never got a chance to check for the 2002 remake). I watched this yesterday and I liked it a lot b/c it was a continuation from the 80s cartoon. The only thing I was disappointed about that it was only 5 episodes. I just wonder how long Part 2 is gone take to drop.

I ain't even trippin on the nerd extremists complaining about "WhY iS tHe ShoW cEntEReD aROunD TEEla?" I liked the fact that Kevin Smith switched up the formula A LOT from the 80's MOTU show and gave the supporting characters plenty of shine.

Out of a lot of 80's cartoons I don't think MOTU gets it full props like Thundercats/TMNT does.
Definitely check out the 2002 series

It wouod be dope if they made a masters of the universe anthology series with the same animation team. Each episode would feature a story featuring various warrious like ram-man, stratos, mechanic etc. He man will also be featured in each episode but the story will be from the warriors point of view to flesh them out like revelations did orko. Oringin stories. I would call the show "tales of eternia" the shiw would also have legends stories with some character telling stories of preternia era characters like king greyskull, he-ro or vikor.

And they didn't kill off he-man/adam..you know they gonna make him have a triumphant return to stop the demigod.

I watched it but didn't really pay attention to it. I'll have to rewatch it saw Adam get his soul snatched tho. Lol wasn't expecting that at all..

Pretty sure they'll use the orb to revert time and save Adam

I know some people feel He-Man was sidelined for most of this series and it focused on Teela but I love how this series is far more intense and sinister than the 1983 series it was definitely lacking here and there and i agree with some of the things said about Kevin Smith and making another Clerks movie is like beating a dead horse

At the end of the day, most of the grief could have been sidestepped with some honesty. Don't market the show as being He-man if it's really about Teela. Just be straight from the start that is a Teela centric show.

Also, it's crazy to me how these people try to be pro-woman with these shows but always seem to give the women the same bad characteristics. Old Teela's character was just fine. New Teela was so self centered that she berated grieving people and abandoned everyone and everything she knew and loved because she wasn't told something she wasn't entitled to know.

At the end of the day, most of the grief could have been sidestepped with some honesty. Don't market the show as being He-man if it's really about Teela. Just be straight from the start that is a Teela centric show.

But they didn't sideline anyone for another character like how some fans are crying about (not saying you). The story they told gets told all the time.

Let's make the audience think" the hero is gone forever and evil wins until the hero comes back stronger than ever and wins the day"

No movie/story ever advertises the whole story. Plus it's not done..fans need to relax and let it play out first

I agree with you on Teela though.

Back