Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Master P launching BossUp Bank for people who can’t get bank accounts

I'm not aware of this...school me, why wouldn't someone be able to get a bank account?

Bad credit. Not in the tradiotional sense but lets say your account was negative, and stayed negative long enough for the bank to shut your account down. Most banks wont let you open a account after that. .

Or if you have some open collections. Same shit.

Basically its very hard for poor mfers systematically.

It was damn near impossible for me to open up a bank account when I was going through that shit.

Bad credit. Not in the tradiotional sense but lets say your account was negative, and stayed negative long enough for the bank to shut your account down. Most banks wont let you open a account after that. .

Or if you have some open collections. Same shit.

Basically its very hard for poor mfers systematically.

It was damn near impossible for me to open up a bank account when I was going through that shit.
I'm glad a bank took a chance on you but in the long run, is that good for business? I mean if you were a bank would you want your clients to be high-risk clients? I understand that banks like this make their profit with the high fees etc. but this just seems like a bad business practice to me and not a sustainable one.

I'm glad a bank took a chance on you but in the long run, is that good for business? I mean if you were a bank would you want your clients to be high-risk clients? I understand that banks like this make their profit with the high fees etc. but this just seems like a bad business practice to me and not a sustainable one.
Banks got insurance

I mean shit happens.

A rich mfer can borrow millions and fail in his businesses, file for bankruptcy 4 times, and borrow millions for the fifth time for another businesses.

But a poor mfer cant open a second bank account after falling on hard times and falling behind on bills.

Just saying they dont make it easy for you to climb out of hard times.

Overdrafts and unpaid money to the bank is the usual reason people can't get regular accounts.
Aside from that, a person that doesn't owe the bank can usually open an account.
P offering banking to people who already couldn't keep a stable account does seem risky in that case.

Providing loans and etc is where P's intent could make a difference, but again sound risky.
But the cannabis industry still has trouble with banks.
P could fulfill that demand if proper legislation passes and other banks don't get with the times.
"Bossup" banking does sound ratchet as hell, though.

Idk man I’m tired of these niggas trying to mooch off black ppl and the current buy black sentiment

Black entrepreneurs should strike while the iron is hot.

Last edited:
He should also open credit unions which in my opinion are better than banks because black Americans can be members of a credit union and not customers of at a bank.

what’s the difference really I’ve been with my credit union forever and I always hear how it’s different

I'm not aware of this...school me, why wouldn't someone be able to get a bank account?
On the past the chex system
.like a credit report agency for.banks
.bignfocus on bounced checks...not too.many folks writing checks soni guess if you.got unlaidniverdraftsntheybwould.report you

I like the idea Master P does seem he jumps on things but he a business guy and I don’t know how successful he is or his stake in rap snacks. The name tho is killing me. It reminds of this tax place in Norfolk like 10 years ago called Mo’ Money taxes. Black owned but was running scams

banks are kinda funny

it's jus like a big safe

bank be like "hey, I'll keep all yalls money 'safe' for a lil fee"

then when someone wants to borrow money, the bank lends them some of everyone's money for a lil fee

that's gangsta lol
Yea I switched to a credit union a few yrs ago. No monthly fees and less red tape to get loans approved

Back