Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mase Calls Out Puff For Bad Business & Not Letting Him Buy His Publishing Back

The quote uses the word injustice
OK. Most people will snake if given the chance. You add in money....Millions....An you can forget it.

Even if they was blinded by money...They should have someone in they corner telling them right from wrong.

Shit making the band you can see duddy starve them dudes then put s contract in front of them.

Duffy ain't living right but then dudes blow their money and give away their youth for a delancy street watch and metro pass.

They made the image the priority...Duddy just feed them the dream.

Lol at the bolded. Thanks for proving my point. SMH at niggas giving props to corny asd, crossover thirsty, white folks approved commercial rappers. Inb4 you try to convince me how dope Vanilla Ice was.

Smh at comparing anything Puff did to the Chronic. The Chronic is maybe the best album in the history of the culture. Fohwtbs

oyd5a.jpg

Mase is in the same boat as Kelis, De La Soul, Luniz, and all these other muhfuckas crying the blues about shady contracts after all these years. All thy had to do was spend a few hundred to get a competent lawyer to look it over and explain everything.

mass

and i came back to say that nobody made mase sign that contract.
im tired of seeing this as an excuse to get fucked over

im not saying he dont take some of the blame, but at 19 years old, fresh out of high school or probably didnt graduate. I dont expect a 19 yr old to ask questions to some lawyer who spent 10+ years practicing law.

hell, who hear read the terms of conditions of being on this site when they signed up? Or when you give your email address to a company and they got all that small ass print? everybody just click "accept" and keep it moving.

Keep it real. Bad Boy was the most overrated hip hop label in the history of the game. Outside of Big and The Lox they didn't have shit. Black Rob had potential but Puff fucked him so hard that his career was cut short. Fag agg Mase was corny as fuck and the rest of those clowns were just fucking clowns.

Bad Boy was a dope R&B label but that's it. They were pure ass juice when it came to rap. In the words of the goat:
"Fuck Bad Boy as a staff, record label and as a motherfucking crew
And if you want to be down with Bad Boy, then fuck you too!!!"
Did Mase have the best verse on this joint with the Lox and DMX ??

im not saying he dont take some of the blame, but at 19 years old, fresh out of high school or probably didnt graduate. I dont expect a 19 yr old to ask questions to some lawyer who spent 10+ years practicing law.

hell, who hear read the terms of conditions of being on this site when they signed up? Or when you give your email address to a company and they got all that small ass print? everybody just click "accept" and keep it moving.

it’s different when MONEY is involved.

we talking millions.

And I understand how easy it is to be like “fuck reading the contract, I’m ready now” especially when you don’t have shit.

but that’s what lawyers are for. A real entertainment lawyer woulda looked it over knowing they were gonna get paid!

it’s different when MONEY is involved.

we talking millions.

And I understand how easy it is to be like “fuck reading the contract, I’m ready now” especially when you don’t have shit.

but that’s what lawyers are for. A real entertainment lawyer woulda looked it over knowing they were gonna get paid!
This is so off base

You're supposed to get a lawyer to look over your contracts and explain it to you in plain English. His age is no excuse, especially coming up at a time when he did. How many records came out talking about this shit by then???

This shit came out in 1990, did everyone think they were joking???

A grin shows a trick up a sleeve
What a tangled web they weave
Deceivers, stupefied through fable
Said Let's Make a Deal at the dinner table
Put you on tour, put your record on wax ("Trust me!")
Sign your life on the X

You exit, X-off, but what you really get:
A box of Newports, and Puma sweats ("damn!")

Back