Welcome To aBlackWeb

mary jane, i love her just the same!!!

There's a difference between being risk averse and being scared.

But anyway, nice strawman argument.. U can name all the examples u want, at the end of the day smoking is detrimental, not advantageous to performance. Phelps excelling was despite it, not because of it. and I'd wager most athletes in Olympic sports don't smoke. non chronic smoking (like once per week) might not be harmful, but "might" still represents an uncertainty. I don't deal in uncertainties so I eliminated risks.

It's the same concept as athletes avoiding junk food. The rationale is not putting poison in our bodies. It's healthy living. Why engulf my lungs with chemicals and carcinogens when I need lung capacity for workouts? It's not worth it. This might be hard to understand if you weren't an athlete. Weekend warrior b ball at the local gym doesn't count.

Look

you said you didn't partake cuz you needed supreme physical conditioning to preform at the highest level

cool

yet & still, there's more professional athletes who've reached the pinnacle in their respective sports who indulged than you would like to believe

them boys in the NBA run up & down the court for bout an hr, which would take sum conditioning right?

& it's estimated over 80% of the league uses

now the jury is still out as the pros & cons are being researched but despite that sum of the best athletes were/are stoners too

https://greatist.com/play/marijuana-effects-on-runners

This is kinda a hard question to answer while being realistic. Weed is so pervasive now, its pretty much guaranteed that my kids will try it before I want them to.

All I can do is try to raise them to keep their priorities straight and avoid letting anything become a detractor for their lives. I don't think weed is all that bad, but for some people there seems to be a culture where they basically take pride in how much they smoke. Like they literally make a point of ensuring that every time you see them, they are smoking. That's wack to me, and I wouldn't want my girls falling into that trap, but that's not really just limited to weed. I hope they use better judgement with their consumption of everything from weed to alcohol to social media to sex.

i doubt they'll get into it early but you never know

im pretty wide open with the shit at the house so they know about it, see it, smell it, etc

i'd advise against it too too early but I couldnt really have a super strict stance on it....i did it all at home

Look

you said you didn't partake cuz you needed supreme physical conditioning to preform at the highest level

cool

yet & still, there's more professional athletes who've reached the pinnacle in their respective sports who indulged than you would like to believe

them boys in the NBA run up & down the court for bout an hr, which would take sum conditioning right?

now the jury is still out as the pros & cons are being researched but despite that sum of the best athletes were/are stoners too

I know, but pro athletes have skills to fall back on. I've seen fat mfs on the court like Kyle Lowry. Or any number of sluggers in baseball. They can risk a lil lifestyle indulgence and still be incredible.

But avoidance of these things goes with the territory of healthy living. I'm sure there's some athletes eating all organic too. Or making sure they always get that extra hour of recovery sleep. And on and on. Some of us follow these methods as a general rule. It might seem paranoid but I see it as being disciplined. But I'll admit I was wrong to counter with "I take it seriously". These pro dudes take their shit extremely seriously, even if I see some of their choices as missteps.

Last edited:
Look

cool

I think the gist is that top athletes like Phelps can smoke and still play because they are really really really good. If you’re average and want to be good maybe weed won’t help that

I think the gist is that top athletes like Phelps can smoke and still play because they are really really really good. If you’re average and want to be good maybe weed won’t help that

Definitely. When you're that good, particularly once in a blue moon good, you've got more freedom to indulge in things that are or might be harmful to performance.

Usain Bolt wouldn't look as ridiculous toking up every now and then compared to a sub-elite sprinter who's only on the verge of breaking the 10 second barrier in the 100m. The latter should be doing everything in their interest to get to the big leagues. He doesn't have as much leeway to make missteps.

if the difference between you being Michael Phelps great & jus avg. is weed, then you wasn't gon get there anyways

so fie that dope up & play ya lil heart out

:hahaha:

• Haha
Reactions: 1/2
Definitely. When you're that good, particularly once in a blue moon good, you've got more freedom to indulge in things that are or might be harmful to performance.

Usain Bolt wouldn't look as ridiculous toking up every now and then compared to a sub-elite sprinter who's only on the verge of breaking the 10 second barrier in the 100m. The latter should be doing everything in their interest to get to the big leagues. He doesn't have as much leeway to make missteps.

For example my hometown legend Allen Iverson. They said he would party all night before games and still go off. But that Allen Iverson. Tyronn Lue can’t do that

Back