Welcome To aBlackWeb

Uncle Tom, coon..... same thing, different name.

Also, it's not a failure. You've made things at least a little better for those who come after you. They won't have to fight as hard to keep things moving forward. Only the small minded would consider that a failure. I'd suggest those are the real coons.

That said, this is a comic show with some real life aspects, but it's not real life. In real life, Black people at large didn't just sit down and accept their role. Despite the powers that be and severe mistreatment, penalty, and death, some of them fought. Some of them took up mantles that previous generations thought they would never get and shouldn't want, yet they took them and became "the first Black" this and "the first Black" that because of their hope for a better tomorrow for their children. They didn't fail.

That said, I digress.

This isnt true but the definitions have changed over the last few years because people didnt know what they really meant

I think Sam's blind optimism can easily be seen as coonin' since he has no reason other than Steve to think America will be different this time around
He's not doing it for Steve though. He told Bucky that in the last episode. He's not doing for America or for recognition of his own. He's doing it because he believes he still has to power to change things others can't.

He saw what America thinks of the shield and the mission when they picked John Walker. He wasn't as reluctant as Bucky to even let John take lead until it became apparent that John was not a good person.

It's kinda like when he was talking to Zemo about the formula...Sam isn't Steve, he didn't want to be Steve, or try to live to up him. That's why he never wanted the formula or the shield up until now.

He's doing it because he realizes that there really isn't anyone else left. And he feels obligated by the greater good to do it.

Not so much optimism or naive, but because of duty. Because he can't watch the world burn knowing he has the ability to stop it.

He even empathized with Karli. And was legit getting thru to her before Walker came in. She's a full fledged terrorist and he was appealing to her better nature as a human being. And he understood her plight all too well.

This show is too responsible with it's themes. It makes this a conversation because it didn't pass over Or sugarcoat anything. It addressed it all at it's core level.

Sam is proving himself to be the hero the world needs... Which supercedes just being "Captain America"

Because he has in the past, and I'm sure he will in the future act against America's wishes for what he believes is the greater good.

This shit more Plato than Malcolm... While race is a heavy issue... It's not the chief theme at play. The chief theme is what makes a man, a good man.

My opinion, how I see it

The funny thing is I expected to be in the minority again cuz y'all niggaz hate Anthony Mackie like I hate Jamie Foxx... But that nigga been killing this shit...

He's not doing it for Steve though. He told Bucky that in the last episode. He's not doing for America or for recognition of his own. He's doing it because he believes he still has to power to change things others can't.

He saw what America thinks of the shield and the mission when they picked John Walker. He wasn't as reluctant as Bucky to even let John take lead until it became apparent that John was not a good person.

It's kinda like when he was talking to Zemo about the formula...Sam isn't Steve, he didn't want to be Steve, or try to live to up him. That's why he never wanted the formula or the shield up until now.

He's doing it because he realizes that there really isn't anyone else left. And he feels obligated by the greater good to do it.

Not so much optimism or naive, but because of duty. Because he can't watch the world burn knowing he has the ability to stop it.

He even empathized with Karli. And was legit getting thru to her before Walker came in. She's a full fledged terrorist and he was appealing to her better nature as a human being. And he understood her plight all too well.

This show is too responsible with it's themes. It makes this a conversation because it didn't pass over Or sugarcoat anything. It addressed it all at it's core level.

Sam is proving himself to be the hero the world needs... Which supercedes just being "Captain America"

Because he has in the past, and I'm sure he will in the future act against America's wishes for what he believes is the greater good.

This shit more Plato than Malcolm... While race is a heavy issue... It's not the chief theme at play. The chief theme is what makes a man, a good man.

My opinion, how I see it

I didn't say he was doin' FOR Steve I said he's doin' it BECAUSE of Steve.

Why isn't this considered naive?

Because he has personal experience of the gov not givin' a fuck about him and his family after he helped save the universe and he just found out the first real superhero was black and was punished for his service

At this point its not naivety any more

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Sam the kinda guy that think it wouldn't happen to him. The guy that if you dress a certain way and talk a certain way you will be ok in America.

Funny thing is that's how dude moves in real life. Anthony Mackie just playing himself with wings.

I didn't say he was doin' FOR Steve I said he's doin' it BECAUSE of Steve.
If a saw the shit Steve and Tony did first hand, I be fighting for the greater good too....

I mean he gave up the shield, he was bout to give up the wings too.... It's not about the glory. I understand Sam cuz when it snows I'll shovel the whole block if I'm outside first, knowing they'll skip over my house if I come out last.

Everything ain't cuz of the props...some people only feel at peace when they doing what feels right to them. I respect that

Uncle Tom, coon..... same thing, different name.

Also, it's not a failure. You've made things at least a little better for those who come after you. They won't have to fight as hard to keep things moving forward. Only the small minded would consider that a failure. I'd suggest those are the real coons.

That said, this is a comic show with some real life aspects, but it's not real life. In real life, Black people at large didn't just sit down and accept their role. Despite the powers that be and severe mistreatment, penalty, and death, some of them fought. Some of them took up mantles that previous generations thought they would never get and shouldn't want, yet they took them and became "the first Black" this and "the first Black" that because of their hope for a better tomorrow for their children. They didn't fail.

That said, I digress.
Ok I see what the disconnect is.

As I said, words have meaning. Whether you choose to educate yourself on the meanings and origins of words is on you. But to pretend as if a word doesn't mean anything simply because you refuse to learn is what I call willful ignorance.

Screenshot_20210419-094102_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is a pretty spot on breakdown of what an uncle Tom is. But u think what's happening is, when you all see the word "coon", you're conflating it with a different term that does NOT have the same definition.

For the third time, I am not calling Sam an uncle Tom. He is not that. But he is, by definition, a coon.

Back