Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let me say this to you and the two posters above me who love to respond to people without addressing them directly, which is very passive aggressive by the way:

I am not one of these idiots who just watched a Tariq Nasheed DVD yesterday and suddenly I think I know enough about black historyto call anyone I disagree with a coon, uncle Tom, bedwench, etc. You've never seen me give it up like that. If I give you a definition of a word, and then ascribe that word to an individual based on their actions aligning with said definition, you can only acknowledge my premise or reject it.

but don't go "aw well I had heard somebody use the word 'coon' wrong so now I'm gonna act like I no longer know what the word means and group EVERYBODY who uses the word into the same category"

Don't play them stupid games with me. @Duwop @AP2.0 and notice I'm addressing you both directly.

I'm glad you brought up this quote because I literally said "nigga what!?" When I heard it for the first time.

The point of the pain and sacrifice of your elders and ancestors is for you to learn from it so that you do not have to repeat their pain and sacrifice. You are a reflection of those who came before you and thereby you are their opportunity to choose a better route than they did last time.

You spit in the face of your elders and ancestors when you insist on repeating their pain. They went through it so you wouldn't have to.

He's the kind of guy to get harassed, tased, arrested, or shot while in uniform while crying "yall can't do me like this... I put my life on the line for the country and this whole universe... I'm not a black man, I'm am Avenger"

You a punk and everyone who agrees with you.

It's a show based off a cartoon and you are tripping like they danced on MLK's grave or something.

All y'all hotep-wannabes always trying to prove your black nationalist behinds are so woke.

Check this out: the hosting company ABW has their site built upon is white-owned.

Let me know when you are going to protest that.

And if you want a response from me, come over to the Mega thread where the savages reside.

Sucka!

53fa69eb8c02daf1f9d7467debddd20effaa0d19.gifv

a314b39781d9fb1507c1faa8fa024f79c028a7cb.gifv

c90f6f1c27f85e31d14eb4b4c49be3925bbce19a.gifv

6ba53810ff9bf4cccc3c33646fdd280089b0273a.gifv

15b0cca8586023edf5d19289c5add614f6952508.gifv

b2bda444eae523d18d80efcd9047fbc45e8ff795.gifv

3eab69f5a07db525b7acdf7a41256c705dec316c.gifv

2f2379df9a5de41eeae02a08f75ab3ee1332d2d4.gifv

My Sam grievance

Ya man bucky just helped get ya boat back fixed and you didn't even call homie an Uber to take him to the airport?

Just let him walk that long ass dirt road huh?

Bucky can walk his terrorist white ass to the bank and still have a better chance of getting a loan than Sam so yeah there's no need to ask the BROTHA to pay for his ride.

You know they woulda called him a coon for calling the Uber too right... Stay woke @AP2.0

Untitled-1W.png

1. The way most people use the term it would translate to "sellout." That has very little if anything to do with heeding advice. In this context, it means that your ethnicity means nothing to you to the point that you are willing to, and maybe even motivated by, completely disregard(ing) it for the favor of another ethnicity or group.
2. Regarding Sam, he is not driven by a need to undermine the history of his ancestors. He simply believes that he can help make things better, even if it costs him his life.

Bonus....by picking up the baton. By doing better than they think you can do and showing them what is possible. By changing the circumstance or die trying.
1. What you described is an Uncle Tom. It's what Malcolm X described black preachers in the Civil Rights era who compromised their dignify and integrity for money or favor from white people.

I don't think Sam is doing that either, though it can be argued that he's subconsciously seeking the posthumous favor of Steve Rogers. The difference between the coon and the uncle Tom is that the coon isn't selling his integrity. The coon does what he does out of a misplaced sense of loyalty and commitment.

To your last point, if you try to change the circumstances but you fail to do so... and then you die... you didn't just die trying, you die failing... which could've been avoided by taking heed of elderly advice.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Im like 90% sure someone called Tchalla a coon in the Black Panther thread when we were all discussing the movie back when it dropped.

Niggas just throw out the word coon for any damn thing these days and it's lost all meaning.

It's lazy as fuck lol
"Person A used a word wrong, therefore I'm going to act confused about the word when Person B uses it, even though Person B is thoroughly explaining his use of the word"

You're better than this.

Words don't lose meaning because some people use it wrong. People just lose understanding of words because they themselves don't know what words mean to begin with.

You a punk and everyone who agrees with you.

It's a show based off a cartoon and you are tripping like they danced on MLK's grave or something.

All y'all hotep-wannabes always trying to prove your black nationalist behinds are so woke.

Check this out: the hosting company ABW has their site built upon is white-owned.

Let me know when you are going to protest that.

And if you want a response from me, come over to the Mega thread where the savages reside.

Sucka!
The fact that you think I give a fuck what you typed after that first sentence says alot about your self awareness.

Reactions: GNS
theres an appeal to “she hate me”

Sam told two cracka super soldiers off who wanted to just put the mixed revolutionary in the ground.

stop that coon ish right now

Plenty of our ancestors were killed, beaten, and imprisoned for fighting for our rights.

And I'm sure many of them are jaded considering the way our people are today.

But we don't honor their legacy by stopping the fight. We keep fighting so that their pain and sacrifice wasn't in vain. Sam continuing the fight isn't coon shit, because being complacent stops growth and in his mind there's a lot of work left to be done.

Isaiah might be done fighting. But he's living in seclusion, and that doesn't sit well with Sam. So his fight isn't over.

1. What you described is an Uncle Tom. It's what Malcolm X described black preachers in the Civil Rights era who compromised their dignify and integrity for money or favor from white people.

I don't think Sam is doing that either, though it can be argued that he's subconsciously seeking the posthumous favor of Steve Rogers. The difference between the coon and the uncle Tom is that the coon isn't selling his integrity. The coon does what he does out of a misplaced sense of loyalty and commitment.

To your last point, if you try to change the circumstances but you fail to do so... and then you die... you didn't just die trying, you die failing... which could've been avoided by taking heed of elderly advice.

Uncle Tom, coon..... same thing, different name.

Also, it's not a failure. You've made things at least a little better for those who come after you. They won't have to fight as hard to keep things moving forward. Only the small minded would consider that a failure. I'd suggest those are the real coons.

That said, this is a comic show with some real life aspects, but it's not real life. In real life, Black people at large didn't just sit down and accept their role. Despite the powers that be and severe mistreatment, penalty, and death, some of them fought. Some of them took up mantles that previous generations thought they would never get and shouldn't want, yet they took them and became "the first Black" this and "the first Black" that because of their hope for a better tomorrow for their children. They didn't fail.

That said, I digress.

Solid episode but Sam acting oblivious to the racism of the US Government is turning me off from this series. Isaiah gave him his entire story of how the US fucked his life over as a black super soldier and Sam simply shrugged it off and took the mantle of Cap anyway minutes later :tuh:

Sam isn't being oblivious. He just disagrees with Isaiah. Isaiah thinks things can't change, but Sam has at least some reason to believe that Isaiah is wrong given that he could actually become Captain America if he wanted. I don't think he's take the title though at least not longer than it takes for them to clean up the Flag Smashers. I'm guessing, in the end, he'll pass the shield to Bucky. Bucky will object because of his past, but Sam will point out that America has a fucked up past too and that Bucky is the Cap that America both needs and deserves.

Back