Welcome To aBlackWeb

Solid episode but Sam acting oblivious to the racism of the US Government is turning me off from this series. Isaiah gave him his entire story of how the US fucked his life over as a black super soldier and Sam simply shrugged it off and took the mantle of Cap anyway minutes later :tuh:
I believe there is a much larger issue at play that will either be revealed in another season or his next appearance in a film

Its the truth. And Sam is a coon.
Definitively yes Sam is a coon because he knows what his position should be as a Black man but he's choosing his loyalty to his white friend Steve Rogers and a situation with the flag smashers to justify wearing the stars and stripes.

I immediately drew parallels to Black policemen who choose their (police) shield over their skin. And Isaiah being his elder tried to tell him that that type of loyalty will always backfire.

It's powerful storytelling that hits home for me because I constantly see our people ignore history as if what has happened before won't happen again... as if the government didn't already turn on him before in Civil War.

Sad shit.

I'm not as morbid about it...

Isiah still did the job.... Like regardless how he feels now about it.... At when he was in Sam's shoes he did the job. Because at the moment they both believed in the greater good of the thankless job.

Sam understands that he may end up like Isaiah one day, hurt, bitter, betrayed and regretful...

But he may not....I mean even his sister says she only knows him to be a fighter. Sam is always gonna fight for the greater good even if he gets fucked in the process...

I mean it is a hero story 🤷🏿‍♂️

Heroes always do thankless jobs

And the show is aware that a black man being a hero for this particular country with all the hardships and treatment towards men of color would be an issue.

And they directly addressed damn near every one

1. Black decorated soldier still can't get loan at bank
2. America history of experimentations on black soldiers
3. The lengths they'd go to erase dirty racist history to save face
4. America willing to put a clown like John Walker in the mantle to avoid making it a black man
5. Isiah's own words that no self respecting black man would ever want to be Captain America

Like these are all legit arguments any fan who wanted to bring race into the discussion would present. And I feel like they were all properly addressed. I personally feel like if Sam is 100% Captain America going forward.... This show was very responsible in addressing the racial aspect of it.

I ain't calling Uncle Sam a coon

And the show is aware that a black man being a hero for this particular country with all the hardships and treatment towards men of color would be an issue.

4. America willing to put a clown like John Walker in the mantle to avoid making it a black man
5. Isiah's own words that no self respecting black man would ever want to be Captain America

Like these are all legit arguments any fan who wanted to bring race into the discussion would present. And I feel like they were all properly addressed. I personally feel like if Sam is 100% Captain America going forward.... This show was very responsible in addressing the racial aspect of it.

Not just a Black decorated soldier; a Black Avenger that helped save the universe, if not the planet. Only in America would someone who fought an invading alien army led by someone hellbent on destroying the very universe we all exist in not be able to get a loan.

AND they tossed Isaiah Bradley in jail for doing essentially the same shit they praise and call Steve Rogers a hero for... disobeying an order to save his fellow soldiers/brothers from behind enemy lines

Good episode. Wudda been cool too see some visuals of Isaiah in his hey but then they probably wudda shown him get captured too and needled up and I don't wanna see that.

Last edited:
Back