Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Whether the actor will ever suit up as the Man of Steel again remains to be seen, but insider Daniel Richtman is now claiming that Cavill reached out to Marvel Studios after the Superman news broke to discuss a role, although the tipster doesn’t offer any additional information. Of course, we’ve heard plenty of rumors and speculation already that he could be jumping ship to portray any number of characters for DC’s great rivals, with Captain Britain frequently mentioned, and it would admittedly be a hilarious flip of the bird to Warner Bros. if he headed straight for the MCU as Abrams’ Superman gathers momentum

Whether the actor will ever suit up as the Man of Steel again remains to be seen, but insider Daniel Richtman is now claiming that Cavill reached out to Marvel Studios after the Superman news broke to discuss a role, although the tipster doesn’t offer any additional information. Of course, we’ve heard plenty of rumors and speculation already that he could be jumping ship to portray any number of characters for DC’s great rivals, with Captain Britain frequently mentioned, and it would admittedly be a hilarious flip of the bird to Warner Bros. if he headed straight for the MCU as Abrams’ Superman gathers momentum

Cavill acting like a scorned girlfriend, lol.

“Oh you just going to dump me? Imma go fuck your worst enemy then!”

Or.....he tried of the bullshit and wanna work for a stable company......

BewitchedConstantGiantschnauzer-small.gif

Besides Captain Britain, I can think of a handful of other characters that I think he'd do well as.

Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing X-Men Movie Called The Mutants

The Marvel Cinematic Universe appears to be preparing for the debut of the X-Men, as it sounds like a new report indicates that the reboot of the iconic franchise is currently in development. Marvel Studios is reportedly developing a new movie called The Mutants, according to a new report from The Illuminerdi, which sounds like the beginning of a brand new take on one of the most iconic comic book franchises in superhero history. Whether the project remains as titled The Mutants or if it's just something for the development slate, we'll have to wait to find out in the coming months.

Ever since Marvel Studios assumed control over the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises in 2019, all stemming from Disney's purchase of 20th Century Fox and other entertainment assets from the Fox portfolio, fans have wondered when the X-Men would be incorporated into the MCU. After the poor performances of X-Men: Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants, Marvel boss Kevin Feige appears to be taking his sweet time to get the debut just right.

Considering The New Mutants was the last film to release in theaters from the X-Men franchise, it seems unlikely that Marvel Studios would stick with the title "The Mutants." However, this could just be for development purposes as Feige and co. attempt to figure out the best way to introduce these characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Though Deadpool 3 is currently in development with Marvel Studios, this seems to be the only Fox property to make a clear jump into the MCU. This comes after the recent fake-out on WandaVision in which X-Men actor Evan Peters reprised his role as Quicksilver, effectively replacing the Avengers: Age of Ultron actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Feige appears to have his sights set on a feature picture set to debut in theaters rather than a Disney+ series. Here's what the Marvel Studios boss had to say when talking about the project with ScreenRant while promoting WandaVision.

"You know how much I love the X-Men. I already said that's where I started," said Feige. "I can't tell you anything before we actually announced it, but rest assured, the discussions have been long and ongoing internally."

It doesn't sound likely that Marvel would keep the X-Men on the bench for very long. While it's been a year since their last adventure on the big screen, Marvel would benefit from getting this project right instead of rushing the X-Men back to theaters.

More than half of the MCU is not worth watching twice.

As good as most of the movies have been I've gotten by only seeing them once when they were released and that was all I needed.

I'll probably never watch Iron Man 2 or 3, Thor 1 or 2 , Captain Marvel, Avengers 1 or 2 again. Some are bad others I just don't feel like sitting through them again.

Watched ragnarok multiple times (imo the most complete movie in the franchise, balances comedy and action well).

just finished second watch of infinity war 20 mins ago.

seen endgame twice, didn’t enjoy it as much second time round,

currently watching GotG again seen both multiple times.

Watched ragnarok multiple times (imo the most complete movie in the franchise, balances comedy and action well).

just finished second watch of infinity war 20 mins ago.

seen endgame twice, didn’t enjoy it as much second time round,

currently watching GotG again seen both multiple times.

I still need to watch GOTG2, Ant Man and the Wasp, and Far From Home.

I don't think I'll ever watch Thor The Dark World.

I just watched

AOU, Civil War, winter soldier, Infinity war/Endgame, Doctor Strange, and then pieces of captain Marvel, and ragnarok in about two weeks

I think at some point I’m going to watch Captain America 1 and then do something crazy and try to watch Incredible Hulk lol (only because my wife never seen the movie)

Back