Welcome To aBlackWeb

Infamous114

305 🇳🇮
Mod Squad
1709530303206.jpeg

1709711201634.jpeg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...al-talks-star-spider-man-homecoming-2-1113627

mysterio-comics.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal is ready to bring a little mystery to the Spider-Man universe.

The actor is in talks to play the classic Marvel villain Mysterio in the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Spider-Man creators Stan Lee and Steve Ditko introduced Mysterio in the comics in 1964. A special effects expert, Quentin Beck used his talents to create elaborate illusions to commit crimes and to fight Spider-Man.

Tom Holland starred as the Marvel hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming and recently appeared in Avengers: Infinity War. Jon Watts is returning to direct the sequel to Homecoming, which earned $880 million worldwide. Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, two of the screenwriters behind the first movie, are back as well.

Gyllenhaal has an interesting history with Spider-Man. Original Spider-Man star Toby Maguire injured his back while shooting Seabiscuit in between Sam Raimi's Spider-Man (2002) and Spider-Man 2 (2004), and Gyllenhaal was briefly considered to take over the role if Maguire could not resume his duties. Maguire was able to return to work, and the filmmakers put a joke about Spider-Man hurting his back into the sequel.

Sony and Marvel's Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel is set for July 5, 2019.​

Last edited:
Michael keaton gonna be in it too With minimal screen time

Gyllenhaal is a great weird actor and mysterio is a very interesting villain and it'll be cool to see him on screen for the first time.

Scorpion was at the end of the first I wonder where/when he comes in

Lol, Niggaz always @ me to the convo to talk about dc but be ready to kick me out when I talk back.

Smh....

All those folk who make it an agenda to shit on DC.. Keep that energy when Aquaman drops

'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Reportedly Casting a Gender Non-Conforming Character

It sounds like the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming could be bringing even more diversity to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That Hashtag Show recently uncovered three casting descriptions for the film, which seem to hint at three new high school-age characters that will be joining the film. While it's unclear exactly where these casting descriptions originated from, one calls for "an 18-22 year old of any ethnicity, to play a gender non-conforming student."

For the uninitiated, gender non-conforming refers to someone who does not adhere to society's rules about assigned gender, and who chooses to present themselves with any combination of masculine, feminine, or gender-free qualities. Being gender non-conforming does not have to do with the individual's sexuality, but it does often fall under the LGBT+ community.

It's unclear exactly what role this gender non-conforming character would have in Spider-Man: Homecoming 2, but it could mark a major turning point in terms of representation. Gender non-conforming characters have had next-to-no representation within mainstream media, with the most prominent recent example appearing on Roseanne. Putting a character who is canonically gender non-conforming within a Marvel movie could have a pretty positive impact, especially considering the box-office success of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Additional casting breakdowns call for an 18-26 year old actress "of any ethnicity, preferably a character actor or comedienne", and an 18-25 year old actor who will play a "charming and insanely likable" high school senior named Jason. And while it's unclear who exactly will be cast in these roles, it sounds like the film is continuing Homecoming's pattern of diverse casting, as seen with Liz Allan (Laura Harrier) and Flash Thompson (Tony Revolori).

"The very first thing I made was a look book of what I wanted the world to look like and what the kids should look like and the high school should look like,” director Jon Watts said in an interview last year. “I lived in New York for thirteen years and it should look like a school in New York, it shouldn’t look like a school in the Midwest in the 50s."

At the moment, it's unknown exactly how the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming will end up coming together, much less the role these new characters will play in it. The film is expected to see Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland) traveling around the world, and possibly running into new characters in the process.

"We start filming early July," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said earlier this year. "We film in London. We shot first film in Atlanta. And we shoot a lot of films in London but there’s another reason we’re shooting in London which is, yes, Spidey, of course, will spend some time in New York, but he’ll spend some time in other parts of the globe."

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/06...ng-2-casting-characters-gender-nonconforming/

They confirmed the title so I decided to make it lol. Avengers 4 title hasn't been confirmed yet so yea

Back