Welcome To aBlackWeb

Huh... people speculated it would be a series but I really thought it would be Cap Marvel's third film.

I wonder if they'll adopt Civil War 2

Via Collider, Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige shed some light on Secret Invasion while promoting WandaVision.

“I mean, we’re interested in the political paranoia aspect of Secret Invasion and really showcasing the stars with Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn, two amazing actors that you want to have in any series, and we’re very lucky to have them for that,” explained Feige. “That’s the sort of primary focus of that and, of course, it will tie into other things and the Skrulls in ways you haven’t seen before, but yes, anything could be anything. Wise words… But we wanted to do that as a series because it would allow us to do something different than we’ve done before."

So far, all we know about the Secret Invasion series on Disney+ is that a renegade group of Skrulls have infiltrated the planet. It remains to be seen if any of the heroes have been replaced by Skrulls as well.

Is she really an A lister though? She played an important character on an A list show, but since then most of her roles have been in movies that have underperformed.

I think you can be an A-list TV star and not necessarily an A-list movie star. Especially in today's media world.

Like I wouldn't call Ed O'Neil an A-list movie star, but television. Yeah..................... :js4:

On PC?

but she def ain’t no A lister.

Yeah, PC.

I think you can be an A-list TV star and not necessarily an A-list movie star. Especially in today's media world.

Like I wouldn't call Ed O'Neil an A-list movie star, but television. Yeah..................... :js4:

Maybe, when I think of A List TV star I think of someone like Bryan Cranston or Michael K Williams, actors that have been important characters on multiple shows.

The secret is out: Thomas Bezucha, who helmed last year’s crime thriller Let Him Go, and Ali Selim, who worked on Hulu’s 9-11 drama The Looming Tower, have been tapped to direct Marvel Studios’ latest series, Secret Invasion.

The show has been casting up in recent weeks with Olivia Colman, Emilia Clarke, and Kingsley Ben-Adir joining Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn on the call sheet. The latter two are reprising their respective Marvel movie roles of sneaky tough guy Nick Fury and Talos, a shape-shifting alien from a species named the Skrulls.

Plot details for the show are being kept secret in the mighty Marvel manner but in the comics, Secret Invasion revealed that Skrulls had infiltrated human society, and that some of Earth’s superheroes had been replaced by Skrulls years earlier.

Kyle Bradstreet, known for Mr. Robot, is writing and executive producing the series.

The series is expected to shoot in Europe later this year. It is unclear what the breakdown of episodes will be but could be three-three or four-two, according to sources.

Marvel had no comment.

Let Him Go, described as a neo-Western, starred Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as grieving grandparents who set out to find their only grandson from a bunch of no-good in-laws. Bezucha both wrote the script (adapting a Larry Watson novel) and directed, with the movie generating strong reviews.

Bezucha, who worked in fashion design before segueing into the entertainment business, also wrote and directed The Family Stone, an ensemble dramedy that starred Diane Keaton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Rachel McAdams, Claire Danes, and Luke Wilson, and Monte Carlo, a comedy that starred Selena Gomez and Leighton Meester.

Back