Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Marvel's Midnight Suns

Ok so my love affair with this game is over.

I still like the idea of the card based combat

My issues are that the cards don't actually appear to be that random and almost pre determined. But for any of y'all that read this, give me your thoughts.

I think if I reload a game save, the dice roll should change with each load. Maybe this was done to prevent people from trying to start a mission with favorable cards but at the game time, that it somehow combatted by having no, I forget what the shit is called but it's the orange meter used to play certain cards.

I bring this up because in XCOM, the dice roll DEFINITELY changes with each load which might not always work in your favor but it's not a static occurrence like it appears to be with this game.

And there is just too much got damn reading. This is why I hoping it was really just an XCOM game but with marvel skins.

I think the story can serve a purpose, just not for this choice of medium. I'm pretty sure that the comics are a better use of time to read up on all the source material.

Too many errands to run then you can't do simple shit like sprint in the house. You can only sprint outside.

I just never felt like the supposed stakes matter.

I also detest their dlc rollout. Damn near the same price of the game but you get Deadpool, Strom, and Venom as playable characters.

I'm on the final mission and I died and instead of starting me at the place where I died,I had to start all the way over from the beginning of the mission.

I'm gonna fix something to drink next time I play this cause if I'm sober, God help me.

Without beating this game, I give it a strong 6/7 out of 10. The bad thing about my complaints is that the biggest one is not fixable cause so much is rooted in the story, but the gameplay is definitely my favorite part

Lol nah it’s funny with you being a fan of this style game and me knowing how mid it was so hearing you progressively play it and try to roll with it until one day you was like iight man I’m ready to say this ain’t it lmao
Touche

Fireaxis or however it's spelled was the initial draw cause of how great XCOM 2 was/is

I wouldn't want the card combat to come to the next XCOM but I also understand why they couldn't just essentially make another XCOM game with just marvel character skins

It almost plays like 2k management made them do it to get the licensing bag cause I can't imagine them hearing the pitch for this with that long ass story and be on board with it intentionally

Touche

Fireaxis or however it's spelled was the initial draw cause of how great XCOM 2 was/is

I wouldn't want the card combat to come to the next XCOM but I also understand why they couldn't just essentially make another XCOM game with just marvel character skins

It almost plays like 2k management made them do it to get the licensing bag cause I can't imagine them hearing the pitch for this with that long ass story and be on board with it intentionally
I also find it funny because I think the cards is what made me ultimately decide against it

I woulda maybe sucked up the social aspect at the citadel (?) but that combined with the cards I was like ehhhh nah

I’m gonna agree it’s probably something from 2k. Maybe they wanted the game to be more accessible to a wider range of players

Back