Welcome To aBlackWeb

maybe in this universe, he doesn’t have “parents” or siblings in a biological sense. Maybe they were a family like how the eternals are a family and the relationship between Alars and both Thanos and Eros is like father to sons.

we already seen them take liberties to storylines and origins.

Maybe, like dude said above you, it re-contextualizes Thanos’s motivations/mission.
Thanos making the conscious decision to say I will save this universe by killing half of it while explaining that he doesn't take joy in doing this makes him a complex character. His philosophy and choice to go through with it despite him admitting that it's fucked up but needs to be done is what made him a great character. You diminish that completely with this emergence shit.

I'm partially convinced Thanos just like Sersi and probably like Eros rebelled against the Celestials, knew about The Emergence and thats why he wanted to cut half of Titan's population. Marvel left the door open for that interpretation til further notice.

exactly.

Thanos making the conscious decision to say I will save this universe by killing half of it while explaining that he doesn't take joy in doing this makes him a complex character. His philosophy and choice to go through with it despite him admitting that it's fucked up but needs to be done is what made him a great character. You diminish that completely with this emergence shit.

How does the emergence shit diminish his character?

it gives further credibility to what he wanted to achieve. Either way, destroying half of the population of the universe was going to have weight

Let’s think for a second.

In the mcu, the celestials basically created everything; planets, stars, lifeforms.

Galactus eats planets.

Not sure if Galactus even measures up to a Celestial.
Galactus actually fought 4 by himself and killed one of them before Franklin Richard's had to come through with the save.

How does the emergence shit diminish his character?

it gives further credibility to what he wanted to achieve. Either way, destroying half of the population of the universe was going to have weight
Just to me him doing killing others to stop some cosmic assholes when we have a whole film of cosmic people who are to stop a cosmic asshole is eh lol. If they do go through with it we'll see how they execute and maybe I'll go with it.

What significance would it hold going forward?
That completely kills Thanos entire mission and character development
When they showed an emergence.. they showed the whole planet exploding. Titan was still there just fucked up

May not have completely emerged but did enough to knock the planet off its axis causing mass destruction like Quill said when the Avengers first arrived to it. That just isn’t a “resource issue.”

ACTUALLY: While looking for the clip of Thanos on Titan I actually found a video Film Theorists already did on it that’s pretty much the same as what I was getting ready to say.

And the bum ass Guardians killed Ego who is a Celestial... Galactus could prolly fuck up a few of them with little effort lol
Yea that has to be a retcon cause Ego has NEVER been a Celestial. Celestials are what we've seen massive giant cosmic beings with limbs that judge other planets. Ego is something else entirely and a rival of Galactus. How these Guardians been surviving all this shit is some bullshit lol.

I'm partially convinced Thanos just like Sersi and probably like Eros rebelled against the Celestials, knew about The Emergence and thats why he wanted to cut half of Titan's population. Marvel left the door open for that interpretation til further notice.
no that doesn't make any sense because 1. Titan is still there and the population was starting to die off. 2. He wouldn't have snapped away half of the universe if he was just trying to prevent the emergence on earth

no that doesn't make any sense because 1. Titan is still there and the population was starting to die off. 2. He wouldn't have snapped away half of the universe if he was just trying to prevent the emergence on earth

Celestials plant other celestial seeds in planets throughout the universe…not just earth. He wasn’t trying to save Earth.

This movie ain’t that bad, ain’t good either it’s barely average.

liked that Thanos brother Eros finally arrived in the MCU, too bad he’s dead. Celestial have enough power to make them human so I don’t think they are robots/cyborgs just created that way before being changed. Otherwise no reason 2 robots to have sex on the beach lol.

i expect black knight to be powered up a small bit, look what they did with normal as Shang chi.

This movie ain’t that bad, ain’t good either it’s barely average.

liked that Thanos brother Eros finally arrived in the MCU, too bad he’s dead. Celestial have enough power to make them human so I don’t think they are robots/cyborgs just created that way before being changed. Otherwise no reason 2 robots to have sex on the beach lol.

i expect black knight to be powered up a small bit, look what they did with normal as Shang chi.
Don't know too much about Eros, why you hyped for him?

Back