Welcome To aBlackWeb

Well the Eternals in the Marvel Universe are supposed to be the ones that inspired those myths and legends.

which is ironic af since they’re inspired by said myths and legends…

but it’s just me hating though, it’s just weird seeing all those names randomly thrown together while knowing the real life source material.

’alright, let’s take Ikarus, the son of Daedalus, the Sumerian king Gilgamesj and Greek Trojan War Hero Ajax (make him a woman!) and let’s euhm well have them all be watchful guardians etc?

which is ironic af since they’re inspired by said myths and legends…

but it’s just me hating though, it’s just weird seeing all those names randomly thrown together while knowing the real life source material.

’alright, let’s take Ikarus, the son of Daedalus, the Sumerian king Gilgamesj and Greek Trojan War Hero Ajax (make him a woman!) and let’s euhm well have them all be watchful guardians etc?

Yeah. It gets weirder too when you consider that Thena supposedly inspired the myths about Athena but Athena the actual greek goddess also exists in Marvel.

I trust Jeremy's Jahns and his reviews. He doesn't take anything too serious and is honest.

TLDW - He basically believes that the movie could have been something epic if it had clung to the elements that were different from typical MCU fare. However, it seems like the people behind it were afraid to do that and kept retreating back to standard MCU type storytelling. He says its entertaining as most MCU movies are, but it's also a weird contradiction. On one hand, a movie like this probably wouldn't have gotten made if not attached to the MCU, however, it probably could have been much better if it wasn't attached to the MCU.

Back