Welcome To aBlackWeb

I agree with him about how Marvel dropped the ball with the all new different Marvel run. Why didn't they just create new characters with different races and cultural backgrounds instead of replacing iconic characters? Or when they did make new characters it took forever for them to get their own books like Ironheart. They really dropped the ball or turned off a lot of people to new interesting characters when they did that.

As far as Carol Danvers Captain Marvel goes I haven't met too many folks that like her comic but maybe people will start reading due to the movie. I also hope they feature Monica Rambeau in new Marvel movies going forward.

Welp, Monica Rambeau is supposed to be in Captain Marvel... Sorta.

View attachment 70496

Maria Rambeau is Monica Rambeau's mother. Photon is the name she went by after giving the name Captain Marvel to Genis Vell, Mar-Vell's son. Since this is set in the 90's, maybe Monica shows up as Photon in Avengers 4.

Maybe we'll get Photon in Endgame. Monica was a child in this movie, and the current MCU takes place right around now so she should be an adult with her powers at this point.

Damn, completely forgot I said this months ago.

I finally got around to seeing this. Maybe my expectations were exceptionally low, but I thought it was a good movie. I agree with all the criticisms of it, but I think people were being unfair. I think it is Phase 1 level material, but it's definitely closer to First Avenger than it is to IM2.

To me, the movies was the same level as Aquaman. Both had mediocre but serviceable stories. Both had very nice visuals, but Aquaman had more in that area. Both had nice action, but Aquaman had a more consistent flow of it. Aquaman had an annoying main character, while CM had a stiff main character. CM's side cast was way better than Aquaman's. Both movies had extremely cheesy moments, but CM did get a couple laughs out of me while I mostly just rolled my eyes at the humor attempts in Aquaman. Ultimately, both were flawed but entertaining movies.

You know why this shit feels like a Phase 1 movie? Because Phase 1 was almost all origin/introduction stories. That's what this movie is. I don't really see how that is some kind of big time criticism. The movie had its flaws for sure, but IMO it was on the same level as other later origin stories like Dr. Strange and Antman.

For you to say it was similar to Dr. Strange is a HUGE disservice.

Those to movies was better because the lead actually did a good job acting.

She was trash through out the movie

For you to say it was similar to Dr. Strange is a HUGE disservice.

Those to movies was better because the lead actually did a good job acting.

She was trash through out the movie

You thought Black Panther was weak as well...

Skeedaddle nigga
tenor.gif

Back