Welcome To aBlackWeb

tumblr_osz8nqH2J81qd4rf5o1_1280.jpg

New Black Panther Photos. Kevin Feige has stated that Black Panther will have a major effect on the MCU. Probably because it is the build up to Infinity War though is my guess, but movie is looking dope.

black-panther-movie-02-1069264.jpeg

black-panther-movie-01-1069263.jpeg

The photo reveal follows last week’s reveal of Empire’s Black Panther cover.

The rivalry between T’Challa and Killmonger was also teased in the Black Panther TV spot released on Christmas Day. Black Panther executive producer Nate Moore has previously discussed Killmonger's motivations and methods.

“I think Killmonger has his own opinion on how Wakanda has been run and should run,” Moore said, “and what I think Michael brings to the table is sort of a charming antagonist, who doesn’t agree with how T’Challa is running things, frankly. I think that puts T’Challa in a difficult situation. Killmonger is a voice of a different side of Wakanda.”

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/26/black-panther-movie-photos/

What are your expectations of Black Panther?

I've seen people, probably casual movie goers, say Black Panther won't be what they think it's going to be. Are people expecting a huge festive event of cultural celebration? Or the average Marvel film, just with a majority black cast?

What are your expectations of Black Panther?

I've seen people, probably casual movie goers, say Black Panther won't be what they think it's going to be. Are people expecting a huge festive event of cultural celebration? Or the average Marvel film, just with a majority black cast?
I am not expecting that but from what I've read Coogler spent 8 weeks touring parts of West Africa and a month in South Africa basically taking photos, getting fabric samples, visiting local events, visiting tribal elders, recording tribal music and trying to soak up the culture while they were doing concept art work for the movie with the goal developing an aesthetic that was true to African roots while basically setting Wakanda up as "What if Africans DID develop as fast as the Western world but based on their own traditions and using their own resources rather than anything imported or transplanted from it?" The story seems pretty obvious as to how it will play out according to the Marvel blueprint and given we know whose surviving to fight in Infinity War already but really I'm just hoping for more than 90 minutes of entertainment, I don't think it's going to be a huge cultural benchmark but I'm sure someone folks will try act like it is in the first two weeks after it releases just like they did after 12 Years A Slave and Girl's Trip even though Amistad and How Stella Got Her Groove Back and Waiting To Exhale already exist but didn't exactly change the amount of majority black fronted movies released at all.

So the scene in BP where the tribal chiefs meet to discuss what T'chaka's death means for Wakanda is going to be mostly in Xhosa with subtitles rather than dubbed or in English, logic being "They're Africans in Africa who have distanced themselves from ever engaging with the West unless needed, why would they be speaking English in Africa given African history and colonialism?" I think that might be a tipping point for some cacs if this is big Hollywood release with subtitles.

I don't think the whites that watch these movies give a shit about having to read subtitles.

I’d be more impressed & believe it would be an even bigger benchmark if this ends up being just a great movie. Why the fuck does every movie with a black cast have to be a ultra blackity “black movie.” I don’t need to be overly patronized to enjoy my films.

It’s about a self-sufficient African nation so of course it’ll have it’s themes but to hell with all this talk about, “is it going to be just another Marvel film or blasé blah.”

This is a major hollywood production with a majority black cast that isn’t about slavery, the block or baby momma drama. For that I am grateful. Now just give me a good flick. No need to throw in superfluous handicaps & expectations.

I don't know what the fuck an "ultra blackity black" movie is supposed to be, nor am I going to be grateful that a black casted film isn't bombarded with themes of baby mama drama and slavery when the experience of Black people is extraordinarily diverse with so many untold stories.

Is it really too much to ask for an American made movie depicting an African nation to not be heavily stereotypical, but instead a respectable representation of South East African cultures? Don't sit there and act like Africa hasn't been depicted as mud huts, flies, and spear chucking in media for the past 100 years.

I don't know what the fuck an "ultra blackity black" movie is supposed to be, nor am I going to be grateful that a black casted film isn't bombarded with themes of baby mama drama and slavery when the experience of Black people is extraordinarily diverse with so many untold stories.

Is it really too much to ask for an American made movie depicting an African nation to not be heavily stereotypical, but instead a respectable representation of South East African cultures? Don't sit there and act like Africa hasn't been depicted as mud huts, flies, and spear chucking in media for the past 100 years.

tenor.gif

Ol’ wanna be disagreeable ass nigga.

Heard on the radio that Black Panther is the second most anticipated movie of the year only behind Infinity War.

Black excellence!

Back