Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Marvel Movies Are Not Cinema"- Martin Scorsese

It reminds me of Bill Maher rant earlier in January on Marvel films
"Who think comic books are literature and super hero films are great cinema " Bill Maher

So you still making up your own definition even though actors that make movies great said hes wrong.

You yourself said great actors make cinema so when great actors come out and say the Marvel Movies are cinema you still dont agree
That's their opinion so no I don't view them the same

You can't say nothing because you have nothing of worth to say on the topic
what I will admit is that prior to IW, there were no "stakes" at play in a lot of the early MCU films. I mean, yeah, shit happened, and the subsequent movies, for the most part tried to show you what the ripple effects from those previous movies were, but the good guys "won" while the bad guys "lost"

IW and Endgame changed that narrative for sure, but you also have to understand that in the comics, where they have the most liberty to add to narratives, kill characters, resurrect characters etc...they dont have to create a universe where things make "sense" like how it would actually play out irl.

the comics were and always have been an escape from reality. Sure there are some personal investments made into characters, but in hollywood, you cant do that. You cant pay RDJ $30M for one flick and be like WELP, whats the next move. You have money tied into him and the story you are trying to tell, so you cant kill him off in like 2 movies.

you and scorcesse on that bullshit for reasons idk why. Kids by and large watch these films. They not watching shit he makes. If he wants in on some of that dough, then he needs to team up with an animation studio and make films that cater to them.

You said GREAT ACTING MAKES CINEMA

And great actors said those movies are cinema

Sooooooooooooo
I don't care what those guys say, my opinion says those movies aren't cinema they're just movies. You think otherwise and that's cool

what I will admit is that prior to IW, there were no "stakes" at play in a lot of the early MCU films. I mean, yeah, shit happened, and the subsequent movies, for the most part tried to show you what the ripple effects from those previous movies were, but the good guys "won" while the bad guys "lost"

IW and Endgame changed that narrative for sure, but you also have to understand that in the comics, where they have the most liberty to add to narratives, kill characters, resurrect characters etc...they dont have to create a universe where things make "sense" like how it would actually play out irl.

the comics were and always have been an escape from reality. Sure there are some personal investments made into characters, but in hollywood, you cant do that. You cant pay RDJ $30M for one flick and be like WELP, whats the next move. You have money tied into him and the story you are trying to tell, so you cant kill him off in like 2 movies.

you and scorcesse on that bullshit for reasons idk why. Kids by and large watch these films. They not watching shit he makes. If he wants in on some of that dough, then he needs to team up with an animation studio and make films that cater to them.

IMO, that's just another BS "reason" from Scorsese. He been making films since my momma was in middle school. And how many thousands of movies that have come n gone that didn't have any real stakes and the "good guys" won and the "bad guys" lost. Yet none of them was criticized.

Like you said he should've just STFU.

IMO, that's just another BS "reason" from Scorsese. He been making films since my momma was in middle school. And how many thousands of movies that have come n gone that didn't have any real stakes and the "good guys" won and the "bad guys" lost. Yet none of them was criticized.

Like you said he should've just STFU.
oh for sure, but i have to agree that those early films were pretty formula driven in that regard

Cinema is just code for movies that white media slobber all over. All those unknown ass movies that pop up at the oscars every year.

Scorcese essentially makes variations of the same movie every 10-15 years suddenly he’s the gatekeeper of film FOH.
The GOAT so yes he is

I'm not ashamed of what I like and I never put those movies on no damn pedestal the way y'all do with those team up movies
yet you in here giving us shit for the movies we like

and show me a single post where anyone has put these films in the top 10 of movies lists

Scorsese is wasting his time.

The people who are outraged couldn't give a flying fuck about art, theater, cinema, and the integrity and skill that goes into film making.

They are dimwitted fanboys who cry like babies at the mere idea that someone somewhere in the universe isn't in love with Iron Man and Captain America.

Scorsese is wasting his time.

The people who are outraged couldn't give a flying fuck about art, theater, cinema, and the integrity and skill that goes into film making.

They are dimwitted fanboys who cry like babies at the mere idea that someone somewhere in the universe isn't in love with Iron Man and Captain America.

You ain't gotta love it, but to sit here and say it ain't cinema is bullshit and hating.

Back