Welcome To aBlackWeb

Married men, what made your wife different?

Accepted the checks I wrote before I ever met her.
Understands and supports that regardless of her and our kids there are certain things that I'm never going to do.
Made me see that even with all that I had materially that I was still just surviving and not living
Challenged me to be better
She wanted to live by old school gender roles
The standards she lived by, her moral and character
Just her being her

There is more but I don't feel like thinking deeper right now.

@Loquacious

My wife (RIP) was different than the other chicks I dated she was from a family with money and she always wanted me to better myself. I was hustling trying to be Nino Brown and she would always say you're too smart to be this stupid. She really pushed education on me

She pushed me to go to a trade school to get myself knowledge in Electrical and Electronic installation and maintenance

I loved that nigga mane. Ironically yesterday was the 5yr anniversary of her passing

She loved me through my faults. I helped her while she was getting her degree when I dropped out of college the first go around. She made me believe that I could get mines and she took a lot of weight off of me so I could get my degree.

My wife is fuckin brillant. She's the most unique woman I've ever known, and can light up a room in 2 mins flat, having EVERYONE love her. She also challenges me in ways that no one - man or woman - ever has.

We’ve experienced so much together: music, places, each other. I don’t believe in soulmates, but I do believe she’s the best person for my soul to be whole.

We met when we were both had nothing, and now we'd done moved on up through life like the Jeffersons.....together.

I respect the shit out of that.

Plus, she got an 🧅 and the 🐈 is righteous. That's always a 👍🏾

Last edited:
My wife (RIP) was different than the other chicks I dated she was from a family with money and she always wanted me to better myself. I was hustling trying to be Nino Brown and she would always say you're too smart to be this stupid. She really pushed education on me

She pushed me to go to a trade school to get myself knowledge in Electrical and Electronic installation and maintenance

I loved that nigga mane. Ironically yesterday was the 5yr anniversary of her passing
Sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I'm glad she made you a better person.

Back