Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Malcolm & Marie

Im in

John David got next

I think he has the potential to be greater than his pops

Zendaya is awesome as well...her work in Euphoria was amazing

Its hard seeing her in romantic scenes with grown men, I still see her as a kid.
Seeing a lot of comments like this on Facebook and all. She is 24 though
Saw one person say to watch Euphoria to help see the transition to a grown woman. Don’t know about all that but she was great in Euphoria

That show solidified more to me of herteen appearance. She looks like a 17 yr old to me

On one hand I feel like she shouldn't be messing with her brand like that yet till she finishes some projects on the other maybe this helps her stay out of role traps that actors that play the type of roles shes playing early in her career find themselves in.

??‍♂️

On one hand I feel like she shouldn't be messing with her brand like that yet till she finishes some projects on the other maybe this helps her stay out of role traps that actors that play the type of roles shes playing early in her career find themselves in.

??‍♂️
Yeah. That's why I think she is doing it. To shed that highschool image

So I just finished this. Some thoughts...

So Sam Levinson, the director of this movie also writes and directs Euphoria, which has Zendaya. The central storyline in this movie is based around Malcolm (JDW character) directing a movie about a 20 year old woman battling drug addiction and her struggles to get clean. Which Marie (zendaya) also dealt with in the movie.

Cleaned up Rue? Maybe

So anyway about the movie...

I really enjoyed it. It’s shot really well (especially for a movie that’s entirely in blk and white) which isn’t surprising because Euphoria is the same way.

JDW and Zendaya play off each other really well. At times though I feel like he overpowers her with the emotional acting but maybe that’s by design. Dialogue was great. There was a balance of power throughout the movie. There’s also a few times where JDW is sounding exactly like Denzel and the shit gets weird lol. Zendaya was good in this movie but if I’m being honest the role would probably hit harder if there was an actress who could kinda match Malcolms intensity.

Overall I give it a 8.5/10

I look forward to y’all thoughts on it.

Back