Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Making the Case is BACK: The argument for the greatest NBA team ever...

The same guy that brought you “Making the Case” for the GOAT NBA player is not putting out a series for the greatest team in NBA history.

Team 1 - 2001 Los Angeles Lakers

we can argue all day about greatest ever, but I do think the Shaq-Kobe Lakers are gonna be the last team to three peat.

I'm basing on common sense my man. The skill level wasn't the same in the past as it is now. Watch a game from the 80s youngster. NBA only had a hand full of dudes with modern day althetism.

Malone, Jordan, Robinson, Barkley and a few others.

Teams were only 5 deep in the 90s...Kobe and Shaq Lakers aren't deep enough

Lmao @ calling that man youngster. You must at least be in your 40s to be talking the way you are.

I'm basing on common sense my man. The skill level wasn't the same in the past as it is now. Watch a game from the 80s youngster. NBA only had a hand full of dudes with modern day althetism.

Malone, Jordan, Robinson, Barkley and a few others.

Teams were only 5 deep in the 90s...Kobe and Shaq Lakers aren't deep enough
None of what you are saying has anything to do with the Dubs outscoring the greatest teams ever. Teams already listed in the videos were deep as hell. Dubs were top heavy with KD. I like the Dubs team that played without him better. Doesn't matter tho. My point in the previous post was that KD and the Dubs are not even ranked in the top 50 in scoring and a matter of fact the Bucks have a better scoring team.

And since teams from other era's can't play each other, let's just say we don't know who the greatest team ever was.

None of what you are saying has anything to do with the Dubs outscoring the greatest teams ever. Teams already listed in the videos were deep as hell. Dubs were top heavy with KD. I like the Dubs team that played without him better. Doesn't matter tho. My point in the previous post was that KD and the Dubs are not even ranked in the top 50 in scoring and a matter of fact the Bucks have a better scoring team.

And since teams from other era's can't play each other, let's just say we don't know who the greatest team ever was.

I can LOOK at people play and tell you who will win. Its the same shit college recruiters do. You go to a high school game, and select the best players on the floor.

For example, anybody who knows a little bit about basketball can see that the 89 Pistons, didn't have any elite scorers on their team. Not 1 of them dudes, other then maybe Isiah Thomas, could give you over 20 a game in the NBA today. Dumars couldn't shoot, the rest of them dudes were trash.

I'm not even going to go at the 1972 Lakers, Wilt Chamberlin couldn't play. He couldn't dribble or shoot.

The game has changed, its just like football. People get better over time, its called evolution.

I can LOOK at people play and tell you who will win. Its the same shit college recruiters do. You go to a high school game, and select the best players on the floor.

For example, anybody who knows a little bit about basketball can see that the 89 Pistons, didn't have any elite scorers on their team. Not 1 of them dudes, other then maybe Isiah Thomas, could give you over 20 a game in the NBA today. Dumars couldn't shoot, the rest of them dudes were trash.

I'm not even going to go at the 1972 Lakers, Wilt Chamberlin couldn't play. He couldn't dribble or shoot.

The game has changed, its just like football. People get better over time, its called evolution.
You are still talking about shit that has not happened or can not happen. Every one always wanna take the player from past and put him in the today's game. How about we take a player from today and put him in the past? KD would be a skinny center ala Manute Bol or John Salley. He wouldn't be an elite shooter from deep bcuz no coach would have him working on that part of his game. Most of today's players who recovered from major surgery would have had their careers cut short playing back then. Imagine Zion playing in Chuck Taylor shoes. He wouldn't have any knees.

You are absolutely right. The game has changed. To think an athlete like Wilt wouldn't have a different skill set in today's game is silly. Players of the past would train different in today's game. And players today would train different if they were in the past.

Again since we can't change the past or predict the future we have absolutely no proof on what different players would do in different eras.

Rules
Nutrition
Training methods
Coaching
Salary

Will all have something to do with era switching.

Back