Welcome To aBlackWeb

Making Da Band 2 Appreciation Thread

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
This nigga @Elzo69Renaissance got me going back in time watching this shit

this is kinda crazy watching this as a 35 year old vs a 22 year old when this first came out

i personally enjoyed the actual album and was very surprised Puff couldnt make another album with them

but here we go...lets discuss

So much shit to breakdown

the fashion was so bad lol

cant believe we used to dress like that

I saw a buncha culture appropriation too in the auditions

I might go back and watch these shits. I remember liking 2 songs off the album heavy, but not really fuckin with rest.

I might go back and watch these shits. I remember liking 2 songs off the album heavy, but not really fuckin with rest.
BRAH....that album was PERFECT

the production, the song placement, the artists on the respective tracks

i still listen to this occasionally

i remember the episode where they recorded this

then i heard it on the bad boyz 2 soundtrack

filthy!!

Brah...im so amped for this shit

hear me out though

you have auditioned THOUSANDS of people to make the perfect band

it ended up being what...6 people? That's amazing in itself

THEN, not only to have beats that matched their styles, personality, flows, etc...the songs on which they were placed was perfect.

There isnt one song where i was like "damn, they should've put ____ on this. I give puff a TON of shit for a producer, but this is where he shined how he was able to blend everything so well

i have the time

Brah...im so amped for this shit

hear me out though

you have auditioned THOUSANDS of people to make the perfect band

it ended up being what...6 people? That's amazing in itself

THEN, not only to have beats that matched their styles, personality, flows, etc...the songs on which they were placed was perfect.

There isnt one song where i was like "damn, they should've put ____ on this. I give puff a TON of shit for a producer, but this is where he shined how he was able to blend everything so well

i have the time

So you're saying it's a classic?

So you're saying it's a classic?
nah man lol

i aint saying that

im saying, all the things considered that went into this, this shit came out perfect

but its not gonna go down as a hip hop classic

Ol girl that sing should have never been put in the group, she didn't fit
Sara??

she was supposed to be the hook chick

the songs she was featured on showcased that...she even had a solo song which definitely followed the BadBoy blueprint

Naw to piggyback on @AP21 I used to love watching this shit and copped the album....great album especially for it to have been recorded in like 2 weeks.....so much foreshadowing and gems in this show.....like when they were picking the group and the light skin girl like Choppa is gonna be a problem.....Ness in the kitchen talking bout I’m not going back to the hood to be a I used to do this nigga

Back