Welcome To aBlackWeb

Maino breathes life into pain as the ghost of Kalief Browder

wow...great song

those audio news clips were mad disturbing tho

im'a watch the doc soon

Have you watched the documentary/series of The Kalief Browder Story on BET?

I cant watch it.

Its too much for me.

I wish I could but things just really affect me deeply if you cant already tell lmaoooooo

when I first heard about his story, just hearing it....made me ball my eyes out.

My mom and I were at lunch and she just brought it up in conversation like "yeah this young boy killed himself after being held on Rikers for 3 years for a crime he didn't commit; he was only 16 at the time" and I started wailing mid conversation.

so yeah some stuff I have to stay away from.

was it good?

I cant watch it.

Its too much for me.

I wish I could but things just really affect me deeply if you cant already tell lmaoooooo

when I first heard about his story, just hearing it....made me ball my eyes out.

My mom and I were at lunch and she just brought it up in conversation like "yeah this young boy killed himself after being held on Rikers for 3 years for a crime he didn't commit; he was only 16 at the time" and I started wailing mid conversation.

so yeah some stuff I have to stay away from.

was it good?
It is. It's a 6 part series I believe. Kid didn't know how to function after being released. His mental health was completely jacked. Just watching him speak on his experiences and how he'd lose his train of thought out of nowhere was very upsetting. He struggled to find peace man. And the reality is, there a more Kalief Browders out here.

It is. It's a 6 part series I believe. Kid didn't know how to function after being released. His mental health was completely jacked. Just watching him speak on his experiences and how he'd lose his train of thought out of nowhere was very upsetting. He struggled to find peace man. And the reality is, there a more Kalief Browders out here.

yes. my heart hurts for Black people in this country and those throughout the diaspora.
smh.

Back