Welcome To aBlackWeb

Magic Johnson On ESPN

When I get a second I’ll list all the lies/contradictions magic said

Jeannie and Rob have their faults but Magic was a problem too. Bigger immediate problem.

Jeannie is the biggest problem because she hired these people who evidently burned hella bridges and wasn't qualified to do the job's.

Most of us on this very website laughed when she hired Magic to take over that job. If we knew he would do bad, then why the hell didn't she know? Or at least hired a person who had did the job in the past or has front office experience that wouldn't be regarded as a snake throughout the league and would help Magic not make dumb mistakes. Lol

Jeannie is the biggest problem because she hired these people who evidently burned hella bridges and wasn't qualified to do the job's.

Most of us on this very website laughed when she hired Magic to take over that job. If we knew he would do bad, then why the hell didn't she know? Or at least hired a person who had did the job in the past or has front office experience that wouldn't be regarded as a snake throughout the league and would help Magic not make dumb mistakes. Lol

I was tight when Magic was hired, didn’t want him. And yeah technically Jeannie is the biggest problem because she hired him. But Magic gotta get his, he knew what he was doing when he weaseled out a few weeks back.

The way (and not you) but many people giving Magic this get out of jail free card because Rob talked behind his back. So what.

Every basketball issue was Magic.

The building a whole new type of surrounding cast around Lebron aka zero shooters - Magic

going against the scouts drafting Mo Wagner instead of Mitchell Robinson - Magic

Trading DLo prematurely because he clashed with his friend Byron - Magic

Putting a whole roster up for trade when it’s not even logistically possible, and leaking the details to try to force hands - Magic

Paying Rondo & Lance above market value - Magic

Not reaching out to Brook Lopez when BL said pre free agency he would take a discount to stay if a big fish aka Bron came - Magic

Now I give him credit for helping “facilitate the LeBron move”...but dude has been disaster.

And the real reason he quit is because his ego couldn’t take that the blowback from the fan base that was starting to take aim at him. The media will never go at Magic he has them in his back pocket as you see today’s happenings. & people that don’t follow the lakers and know who was behind what just eat it all up. Partly due to niggas just hating the Lakers & partly due to media posturing. I’d venture to say idk what Rob can do good or bad. Dude was just there the past couple years. He can be trash too. Idk

Supposedly this lawyer knew about and talked about a lot of this stuff before it really got put out there for the world to see. His Twitter has a ton of speculation on it

I was tight when Magic was hired, didn’t want him. And yeah technically Jeannie is the biggest problem because she hired him. But Magic gotta get his, he knew what he was doing when he weaseled out a few weeks back.

The way (and not you) but many people giving Magic this get out of jail free card because Rob talked behind his back. So what.

Every basketball issue was Magic.

The building a whole new type of surrounding cast around Lebron aka zero shooters - Magic

going against the scouts drafting Mo Wagner instead of Mitchell Robinson - Magic

Trading DLo prematurely because he clashed with his friend Byron - Magic

Putting a whole roster up for trade when it’s not even logistically possible, and leaking the details to try to force hands - Magic

Paying Rondo & Lance above market value - Magic

Not reaching out to Brook Lopez when BL said pre free agency he would take a discount to stay if a big fish aka Bron came - Magic

Now I give him credit for helping “facilitate the LeBron move”...but dude has been disaster.

And the real reason he quit is because his ego couldn’t take that the blowback from the fan base that was starting to take aim at him. The media will never go at Magic he has them in his back pocket as you see today’s happenings. & people that don’t follow the lakers and know who was behind what just eat it all up. Partly due to niggas just hating the Lakers & partly due to media posturing. I’d venture to say idk what Rob can do good or bad. Dude was just there the past couple years. He can be trash too. Idk

Oh yeah, Magic got out of there because the team was failing and he didn't like being blamed. People killed Dan Le Batard when he initially pointed out Magic getting that job was crazy. He even talked about how Magic had quit things early if it didn't go his way quickly because he doesn't like being scrutinized and wants to be universally loved.

Magic most definitely deserves blame but Jeannie is the main problem with that team

Oh yeah, Magic got out of there because the team was failing and he didn't like being blamed. People killed Dan Le Batard when he initially pointed out Magic getting that job was crazy. He even talked about how Magic had quit things early if it didn't go his way quickly because he doesn't like being scrutinized and wants to be universally loved.

Magic most definitely deserves blame but Jeannie is the main problem with that team

The Le Batard hate was so stupid. Mike Wilbon was among those who heavily criticized Dan for knowing Magic didn’t have enough experience to manage the lakers. But what you expect from a guy who keeps calling magic “Earvin”?

The Le Batard hate was so stupid. Mike Wilbon was among those who heavily criticized Dan for knowing Magic didn’t have enough experience to manage the lakers. But what you expect from a guy who keeps calling magic “Earvin”?

Wilbon was too close to the situation to look at the point Dan was making. Wilbon is actual friends with Magic, just like Stephen A. Smith is which is why he had all that info about what was going on behind closed doors with the Lakers.

Magic was smart enough to use Stephen to leak stuff in his favor. It's not a coincidence Magic went to 1st Take to do that interview.

Wilbon was too close to the situation to look at the point Dan was making. Wilbon is actual friends with Magic, just like Stephen A. Smith is which is why he had all that info about what was going on behind closed doors with the Lakers.

Magic was smart enough to use Stephen to leak stuff in his favor. It's not a coincidence Magic went to 1st Take to do that interview.

Yep. Smarter to do it on first take right be Frank Vogel was introduced as lakers head coach than right before last nights game 4

Yep. Smarter to do it on first take right be Frank Vogel was introduced as lakers head coach than right before last nights game 4

Magic shouldn't have did the show at all in my opinion. I mean if he really cares about Jeannie and the Lakers like he says he does what's the point of the press conference? Lol.

Most people thought he quit because he was treated wrong but him doing the press conference aired even more light to the supposed people and organization he loves. Lol. He did more harm than good for himself, Jeannie, and the Lakers.

Maybe he did what he did because he is trying to help those minority share holders get control of that team which would enable him to get a bigger owner ship stake? Or he is mad how he was treated and wants to see the team fail because of it? I truly don't understand his thinking with doing the show.

I don't blame him (even if he did suck at the job) for quitting if he kept getting undermined and backstabbed though.

40As.gif

Magic shouldn't have did the show at all in my opinion. I mean if he really cares about Jeannie and the Lakers like he says he does what's the point of the press conference? Lol.

Most people thought he quit because he was treated wrong but him doing the press conference aired even more light to the supposed people and organization he loves. Lol. He did more harm than good for himself, Jeannie, and the Lakers.

Maybe he did what he did because he is trying to help those minority share holders get control of that team which would enable him to get a bigger owner ship stake? Or he is mad how he was treated and wants to see the team fail because of it? I truly don't understand his thinking with doing the show.

I don't blame him (even if he did suck at the job) for quitting if he kept getting undermined and backstabbed though.

Well according to SAS...they already had that date booked for him to come on weeks ago. So it was a coincidence all that happened that day.

So he say

Well according to SAS...they already had that date booked for him to come on weeks ago. So it was a coincidence all that happened that day.

So he say

I'm not talking about the day it was done or any of that. I'm just stating that Magic doing the interview and saying some of the stuff he said is counterproductive to where the franchise is trying to go and kind of contradictory to the way he says he feels about Jeannie and the Lakers.

If you love someone most of the time unless seriously provoked you arent going to air them out publicly like how he did her or that team. I understand he didn't like the way he was treated but it doesn't seem like he is as over the situation as he claims and isn't like he is on as good a terms in his mind with them as he claims also

I'm not talking about the day it was done or any of that. I'm just stating that Magic doing the interview and saying some of the stuff he said is counterproductive to where the franchise is trying to go and kind of contradictory to the way he says he feels about Jeannie and the Lakers.

If you love someone most of the time unless seriously provoked you arent going to air them out publicly like how he did her or that team. I understand he didn't like the way he was treated but it doesn't seem like he is as over the situation as he claims and isn't like he is on as good a terms in his mind with them as he claims also

At the end of the day...the buck stops wit JEANIE. She's the owner. She hired him knowing he wasn't gonna be fully committed. So who's fault is that?

You can still have love for someone, and not agree wit the things they do. They still family regardless. But she's the owner. And according to him...she doesn't have the right people surrounding her. People wanted to know what happened. Especially Laker fans. It is what it is.

But that front office tho...smh.

At the end of the day...the buck stops wit JEANIE. She's the owner. She hired him knowing he wasn't gonna be fully committed. So who's fault is that?

You can still have love for someone, and not agree wit the things they do. They still family regardless. But she's the owner. And according to him...she doesn't have the right people surrounding her. People wanted to know what happened. Especially Laker fans. It is what it is.

But that front office tho...smh.

You’re preaching to the choir man. I’ve consistently said Jeannie is the main issue. But what Magic did publicly on 1st take was not coming from a place of love. Lmao.

The way I grew up you don’t air your family or really close friends dirty laundry for the world to see unless you are seriously provoked. What Magic did was very self serving and destructive to Jeanie and the Lakers.

Back