Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

1706178056491.png

M3GAN is a marvel of artificial intelligence, a life-like doll programmed to be a child’s greatest companion and a parent’s greatest ally. Designed by brilliant toy-company roboticist Gemma (Get Out’s Allison Williams), M3GAN can listen and watch and learn as she becomes friend and teacher, playmate and protector, for the child she is bonded to. When Gemma suddenly becomes the caretaker of her orphaned 8-year-old niece, Cady (Violet McGraw, The Haunting of Hill House), Gemma’s unsure and unprepared to be a parent. Under intense pressure at work, Gemma decides to pair her M3GAN prototype with Cady in an attempt to resolve both problems—a decision that will have unimaginable consequences.

Chucky 3.0.
I would say 2.0 but they did that chucky movie too where he was a robot.

But ill watch. They made here look creepy as hell.

I thought this was going to end up being like the Her movie but for a kid until I realized it's October lol

Looks interesting

I mean....I'd love for my kids to have one 🤷🏿‍♂️

I just gotta make sure she/he ain't getting his studies and data from Fox News 😬

Aunt forces the niece to be a lab test for a prototype robot, plus forcing her to eat food she doesn't like... I'm siding with M3GAN on this one.

Mild Menace

PRAISE: I have to applaud Blumhouse Studios for breathing new life into the Angry Android/Doll genre.
In M3GAN Gemma becomes the unexpected caretaker of her 8-year-old niece, she decides to give the girl an M3GAN prototype a marvel of artificial intelligence, a lifelike doll a decision that leads to unimaginable consequences.
Part of the fun of this movie is how charming and fun M3GAN is at the outset . The film is also very creative and effective bringing back memories of automated toys of the past. I actually understood the plight of Gemma( Allison Williams)as she suddenly becomes the guardian of her niece Cady (Violet Mcgraw) she is a person that has been flying solo her whole life......but she does make terrible decisions. As M3GAN becomes more self aware the movie really gets going and I didn't know what she was going to say or do as she has sworn to protect Cady. Watching the movie I definitely couldn't help but think about movies like Deadly Friend and Chucky and TV shows like Small Wonder and The Bionic Woman. Cady was almost surprisingly more of a menace than M3GAN !! Hats off to all of the actresses who brought M3GAN to life.

PROBLEMS: When a certain "character" is introduced it opened a predictable door. M3GAN's programming is explained a few times but I still felt there was a huge leap to her becoming homicidal.If they had written in just one thing it would have been more believable. It was beyond obvious where the film was edited to keep its PG-13 rating with quick cut aways from gore and edited murders.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Back