brah...goldie thought this was wack

I prefer girls to reign all over the world
And not rain like, rain man or rain like rain dance
Or rain like a slight chance of rain when it's raining
Or rein like deer slaves to Santa Claus sleigh man
But reign like Queens that reign over made man
And not Queen like Queen killer, rhapsody bohemian Queen
But Queen, like white glove wave hand, and not wave hand, like it's a heat wave
So you make a fan by waving your hand, I'm talking wave, like you saying, "Hey man
!"

i dont believe with a straight face he thought this was wack, but was being Goldie that day and was just trying to get puters puting

Called it simple

Simple is

Shoot a nigga like a film in a movie
Nigga, gon' let 'em have it (we did)
balling like its march madness
all these cops killing niggas tragic
giphy.gif

Don't believe this, he runs away when you hit him with facts in a debate he starts

im not interested in having a discussion with anyone who clearly isnt interested in resolution

you have this knack for saying shit with the sole intent to try and frustrate people. You are interested however in conflict with some sorta against the grain mentality.

im not on that, and this my first and last post addressing it b/c im not about to go back and forth with you in this thread while you continue to point fingers at everyone but yourself

good day

Last edited:
He's not tho

The catalogue, impact and current position in the game shows that. This is a fact bro.

Can he rhyme ? Yes but can he drop an album as intertwined as TPAB with tracks like Mortal Man or Complexion and in fuse religion & race as conflicting narratives not only in black culture as a part of the source of our plight but as the misunderstanding pop & white culture has for black culture & music ?

Can Lupe craft a DAMN & make it playable in reverse & STILL win grammies & a pulitzer prize ?

The talent may be there but hes not on Kendrick's level creatively or successfully. Lupe's next album will brick. Sure they could be comparable lyrically but Lupe isnt being as received as Kendrick & September 28th will prove it. Only his diehard fans care.

Lupe said Obama is a terroist around the time Lasers dropped and that put an end to his "industry" backing and thats facts.

I think thats why hes so jaded because other artists stopped messing with him after that too.

Plus Kendrick has a totally different relationship with his label compared to Lupe on Atlantic...so the argument about accolades and buzz is flawed.

He's not tho

The catalogue, impact and current position in the game shows that. This is a fact bro.

Can he rhyme ? Yes but can he drop an album as intertwined as TPAB with tracks like Mortal Man or Complexion and in fuse religion & race as conflicting narratives not only in black culture as a part of the source of our plight but as the misunderstanding pop & white culture has for black culture & music ?

Can Lupe craft a DAMN & make it playable in reverse & STILL win grammies & a pulitzer prize ?

The talent may be there but hes not on Kendrick's level creatively or successfully. Lupe's next album will brick. Sure they could be comparable lyrically but Lupe isnt being as received as Kendrick & September 28th will prove it. Only his diehard fans care.

listen to Prisoner 1 & 2

listen to the cool

listen to the coolest

listen to the adoration of the magi

i can tell you havent b/c had you, you wouldnt dare type no shit like this

Tetsuo and youth can be played in reverse and it take on an entirely different meaning than playing it from the beginning

Lupe at this point in his career, in my pov is more like Joe Budden than his peers. EXCELLENT emcee, that unfortunately has trouble creating albums for mass consumption. Why is that frowned upon?

Another thing Kendrick's last 3 albums have been declared classics & the rest critically acclaimed. Kendrick hasnt even used his Dr. Dre cheat code. Lupe isnt on that level b/c hes dropped duds.
SO???

and while Kendrick hasnt used Dre, Kendrick is still using cheat codes production wise. Kendrick from the west coast, but hardly any of his production is west coast influenced. Humble dont sound like ANY other record from the west coast sound.

and lets wait 10 years to see if they are still considered classics

im not quick to just call something a classic (outside of obvious joking remarks) just b/c i liked it on the first listen.

Kendrick is virtually independent with major label distribution. He made Blacker The Berry and dozens of racially charged songs and he still got the accolades. Kendrick said not to vote for Obama or Romney cuz politics was crooked and wack and the label didn't stop distributing him.

GKMC was independent

Lupe is jaded because he has a big ego and too much pride. He's envious of Kendrick that's why he's so critical and I guarantee when Drogas drops he's gonna be sending mad shots at kendrick because he feels Kendrick has the career he should have had. Lupe could have gone independent but he wanted the major label backing to be pushed like a super star while having creative control. Which he got after LASERS hence T&Y so let's not twist the narrative. Lupe's ego is so big he often gets trolled online by nobody's into senseless tangents about nothing when he's old enough to just log off and put it in a rap.

Again Lupe is nice on the mic but not on Kendrick's level and it's clearly evident. Kendrick raises the bar every album. Shit GKMC isn't even his best work anymore.

you sound straight out a comic book

you just said Lupe dont have a song like ______

i posted 4 and could've posted more

all we can do is speculate about his label situation, but one thing for sure, if Kendrick had the label issues Lupe had, i bet he's not as inspired to make the albums he's made. When you have that sort of freedom, you play by your own rules. Has nothing to do with pride and ego.

imagine if Top Dog told Kendrick he couldnt put out "humble" (easily one of my favorite K.Dot songs)

Because he has his own style and he doesn't have to make his production sound West coast because you KNOW already what's obvious. Why pigeon hole your sound like everyone else ? JayZ production don't sound like a New York nigga, Kanye production don't sound like Chicago anymore its more eclectic and it's always different every album. A good artist is supposed to grow and evolve their sound.

General consensus says they are classics that's not my opinion. People didn't wait 10 years to call College Dropout or LR classics and they didn't wait for MBDTF either.

Lupe has some amaaazing works I'm not discrediting that and he's very talented but he's not seeing Kendrick right now. Even if you compare catalogues Kendrick edges him out. He's dope but not THE best artist of the 2000s he shouldn't even be in the top 10 for that.

you used Dre as a cheat code. Dre's sound is still very much West Coast influenced. Not totally, but its there

my point is, idgaf about general consensus b/c its a lot of niggas that call shit a classic so they can be on record as saying its a classic. I didnt call college dropout a classic until about 5-7 years after it came out b/c of how great it holds up..and the same can still be said even to this day.

but my thing is, im not comparing them. I find myself in these types of discussions b/c its hip hop, and thats what we do, but you can enjoy both w/o taking sides, but lets not act like Kendrick hasnt had a yellow brick road to his success either.

Because you're missing the point of my argument. Lupe played himself, Kendrick has dropped politically incorrect songs and is still received the same way. You implied that Lupe isn't where he could be as a result of being outspoken when that's not true. In this day and age you have people like YG and Nipsey making songs called Fuck Trump, Gambino has a song about climate change climbing the charts, even Meek Mill is more about reform and is putting it in his music. You can't tell me Lupe can't do the same because of the label.

Kendrick's distributors botched TPAB's release which saw him lose maybe 50% of what his sales could have been. Kendrick doesn't have major label issues because he does good business. He doesn't drop a shitty album (DROGAS Lite) to get out of contract and fuck up a business relationship. That turns off other labels who might be interested in him. He has a strong team - something Lupe could get too. What's to stop him from going to RocNation, TDE, Caroline, Cinematic music or other labels ? Today artists have more free reign over their music because of social media and the fact most artists do they're own touring. It is 100% Lupe's responsibility to make sure his business is good. If Lupe is that much of an asset then he can go to any label right now AND keep his creative control.
Judah said that...not me

And we talk about Humble but Lupe dropped Madonna, Mural, Adoration of the Magi among other songs so what's the problem ?? The label excuse is mad old now. Granted some labels are fucked and don't want the artist to thrive but we gotta hold Lupe accountable too. This is a problem I have with Lupe fans.
its not an excuse when its documented how he wanted to drop certain songs and the label said "well...how about you drop this instead"

same thing with Wale...

K.dot has never had to face that, or at least, it hasnt been made publicly

Well you have an opinion and with social media everyone is entitled to one.

As for Yellow Brick Road - that's ludicrous, Kendrick worked his ass off to get to this point and has been ever so cautious with the type of albums he drops. He's said before hes had bouts of alcoholism and depression and how he's been suicidal in the past. Yellow brick road is laughable. Lupe had the cosign of Jay-Z and Kanye West the latter in his prime and the red carpet treatment and still ruined that. Hov produced his first album and offered Lupe a record deal. To say Kendrick had favoritism over Lupe is wack fam. Every artist has their moment it's what you do with it that counts.
im not talking about his personal demons man...come on lol

im talking about industry related

and a cosign dont mean shit. Jay cosigned Peedi Crack and Freeway...how did their careers turn out?

Peedi said he pissed away a good opportunity on vladtv. How much blame do we put on the label before we begin to question the artist's role ? The label had a role to play but you have to acknowledge a lot of it is also Lupe's fault. If you in a bad space, and you voice your opinion about it and continue to let yourself be treated like that for that long as opposed to leaving then you gotta take some responsibility for allowing yourself to stay there that long.
agreed, but thats more about Lupe's choices about certain things, but not about who gave him cosign

would you want a cosign from Kanye if you are an up and coming rapper today?

i woudlnt

No cuz Ye a coon but that's now and we were talking about the past. I would consider RocNation, TDE, Cinematic music, Caroline and more indie labels. I'd only consider major for my distribution. A lot of artists do that now. And use touring instead to make their money and build their fan base. Lupe could do that too. But he chose the major. They both have pros and cons.
well, i think this album fulfills his obligation to Atlantic...i think. It may have been Drogas Light, but i thought this was it

we'll see once this album comes out, what happens next for him

im hopeful its a great body of work...if its butt, then i will be the first to admit it

Iā€™m confused by the association of ā€œnerdsā€ with Lupe. I asked this before and never got a definitive response.

If u gotta ask, you're one of em lol

He's been holdin yall down since he got in the game

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fdbe43b56e43c0bf22c2ad2f2bce13dd0.500x500x1.jpg

brah...goldie thought this was wack

I prefer girls to reign all over the world
And not rain like, rain man or rain like rain dance
Or rain like a slight chance of rain when it's raining
Or rein like deer slaves to Santa Claus sleigh man
But reign like Queens that reign over made man
And not Queen like Queen killer, rhapsody bohemian Queen
But Queen, like white glove wave hand, and not wave hand, like it's a heat wave
So you make a fan by waving your hand, I'm talking wave, like you saying, "Hey man
!"

i dont believe with a straight face he thought this was wack, but was being Goldie that day and was just trying to get puters puting

Called it simple

Simple is

Shoot a nigga like a film in a movie
Nigga, gon' let 'em have it (we did)
balling like its march madness
all these cops killing niggas tragic

That shit's trash, like waste
but not waist cuz it's hip
or waste cuz it's the shit
but waste like it's a waste of my mfn time, foh nerds

That shit's trash, like waste
but not waist cuz it's hip
or waste cuz it's the shit
but waste like it's a waste of my mfn time, foh nerds
Thoughts on this

I'm right here in my chair with my crown and my dear
Queen B, as I share, mic time with my heir
Young Carter, go farther, go further, go harder
Is that not why we came? And if not, then why bother?
Show no mercy in Murcielagos
I'm far from bein' the bastard that Marcy had fathered
Now my name's been mentioned with the martyrs
The Biggies and the Pacs and the Marleys and the Marcuses
Garvey; got me a molotov-cocktail flow
Even if you box well, can't stop the blows

Thoughts on this

I'm right here in my chair with my crown and my dear
Queen B, as I share, mic time with my heir
Young Carter, go farther, go further, go harder
Is that not why we came? And if not, then why bother?
Show no mercy in Murcielagos
I'm far from bein' the bastard that Marcy had fathered
Now my name's been mentioned with the martyrs
The Biggies and the Pacs and the Marleys and the Marcuses
Garvey; got me a molotov-cocktail flow
Even if you box well, can't stop the blows

What does this have to do with that simple ass shit Lupe was spitting on Murals that yall swear is amazing?

Back