Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Love" : an overrated nonsense

It works the same way as fear, or anxiety. Those are defense mechanisms. Everyone feels fear and anxiety, but we dont feel fear and anxiety over the same things. Either way its the brain releasing a combination of chemicals to make you feel fear or anxiety. Usually, what makes one person feel fear doesnt make sense to another person. Its the same feeling of fear, but for different people the triggers are different.

Love is like that too. Its not a defense mechanism, its more of a survival mechanism. As a species we survive in groups. So we feel certain things towards types of people we can group with. With that said, just like with fear or anxiety, a person who kicks off the instincts in my brain to let off the chemicals that lead to the feeling of love wont kick off those chemicals for you. Matterfact, you can look at me be crazy in love with a person that causes the feeling of hate in you.

All in all, we dont understand why our brains react to the same things in different ways. Its probably a long line of survival instincts passed down to us individually from thousands years of survival. The stuff your ancestors did to survive was different from mine. Our ancestors had to do different things to survive and eventually that ended up with us being here.

And whatever instincts passed onto me from thousands of years of survival is what leads to my form of love and the charecteristics a person needs for me to fall in love with.

People think they have control over who they fall in love with, but they wrong as hell.

Im done getting deep though. The people aint ready for more.

It is thereof but perfectly biological and sociological explanations forms of eros/aphrodeitē pandemos, agape, philia and storge influenced by both cultural and natural selection mating games.

I couldn't watch the whole video tbh. seems trivial and nitpicky, like these two guys were running low on topics to cover. like yeah, certain words in the english language are used liberally. and? it's up to the person showing love or being loved to prove the worth of their words through their actions. that is how u properly define and contexualize the purest meaning of love. every other weaker or seemingly empty display of it is just a reflection of words being flexible and dynamic. it's part and parcel of the evolution of language so i've got no issue with it.

if anyone's really that bothered by it there are plenty of other strong words for love that haven't been watered down. like infatuated, adored, enamoured, etc.

Back