Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Love" : an overrated nonsense

Love isn’t overrated, love is beautiful and you only get a few people in your life that you experience it with. The first time is like the strongest drug you ever can take. It’s also the most painful when it ends. The second time is like starting up a warm fire in a cold place. But you will get used to the warmth and it will dwindle overtime. The third time, at least for those that are lucky, by the third time you’ll know what you want to surround that love. It’ll be like the drug, the warmth, and the longevity that you always wanted. Me, I only made it to number two so far.

Love isn’t overrated, love is beautiful and you only get a few people in your life that you experience it with. The first time is like the strongest drug you ever can take. It’s also the most painful when it ends. The second time is like starting up a warm fire in a cold place. But you will get used to the warmth and it will dwindle overtime. The third time, at least for those that are lucky, by the third time you’ll know what you want to surround that love. It’ll be like the drug, the warmth, and the longevity that you always wanted. Me, I only made it to number two so far.
Are you sure it wasn't lust?

It really does sounds like lustful attraction.

Otherwise called by the romantics "passional love" and "sexual passion" , or erstwhile as the infamous eros by philosophers of the Classical Greek period.

Last edited:
Love is in no way shape nor form overrated. Yes it will hurt you. Yes it will make you feel like shit some days. Yes it will leave you feeling vulnerable but there is no high in this world that makes you feel better nor any fancy item that makes you feel as complete as you do when you love somebody. I feel bad for people that never experienced love.

Love is in no way shape nor form overrated. Yes it will hurt you. Yes it will make you feel like shit some days. Yes it will leave you feeling vulnerable but there is no high in this world that makes you feel better nor any fancy item that makes you feel as complete as you do when you love somebody. I feel bad for people that never experienced love.
Love isn't overrated

Love DOES NOT HURT

Love feels so good!

It's OUR SHIT that phucks up love

What is "love" ?

What is "love" ?

Love to me is basically a force greater than any other. Love has many different dimensions and when love exists, many other emotions will result, like Compassion, generosity, sacrifice, empathy, selflessness..etc. Love really has no limits, it has no rules. When we love, we will turn ourselves inside out to give everything to sustain it and we aren't concerned about risk or consequences. Love can make us believe in the impossible. It can also leave us blind, deaf and dumb to reality. It can empower us and crush our souls in a heartbeat. We know the risks, but we throw ourselves in it anyway because we have no other choice.

Love to me is basically a force greater than any other. Love has many different dimensions and when love exists, many other emotions will result, like Compassion, generosity, sacrifice, empathy, selflessness..etc. Love really has no limits, it has no rules. When we love, we will turn ourselves inside out to give everything to sustain it and we aren't concerned about risk or consequences. Love can make us believe in the impossible. It can also leave us blind, deaf and dumb to reality. It can empower us and crush our souls in a heartbeat. We know the risks, but we throw ourselves in it anyway because we have no other choice.

There's too many Disney influence right there to describe a random emotional state no one is apparently capable to define.

We're speaking about the conception of "Love" . Not about the Speed Force.

There's too many Disney influence right there to describe a random emotional state no one is apparently capable to define.

We're speaking about the conception of "Love" . Not about the Speed Force.

it's not just one way to define love. That's my personal definition of love. I'd like to hear other speak on it.

Love is just a chemical reaction that releases a ton of chemicals in our brains like everything else is. The combination of those chemicals being released feels amazing. Moreso than most drugs.

But, finding a person that makes your brain release those chemical is rare as fuck. Finding a person that has your brain still releasing those chemicals years later? Thats super rare. Its what we all chase though.

Love is just a chemical reaction that releases a ton of chemicals in our brains like everything else is. The combination of those chemicals being released feels amazing. Moreso than most drugs.

But, finding a person that makes your brain release those chemical is rare as fuck. Finding a person that has your brain still releasing those chemicals years later? Thats super rare. Its what we all chase though.

Quite insightful and well-grounded. How would you define the symptoms related to the release of these chemicals?

Quite insightful and well-grounded. How would you define the symptoms related to the release of these chemicals?

It works the same way as fear, or anxiety. Those are defense mechanisms. Everyone feels fear and anxiety, but we dont feel fear and anxiety over the same things. Either way its the brain releasing a combination of chemicals to make you feel fear or anxiety. Usually, what makes one person feel fear doesnt make sense to another person. Its the same feeling of fear, but for different people the triggers are different.

Love is like that too. Its not a defense mechanism, its more of a survival mechanism. As a species we survive in groups. So we feel certain things towards types of people we can group with. With that said, just like with fear or anxiety, a person who kicks off the instincts in my brain to let off the chemicals that lead to the feeling of love wont kick off those chemicals for you. Matterfact, you can look at me be crazy in love with a person that causes the feeling of hate in you.

All in all, we dont understand why our brains react to the same things in different ways. Its probably a long line of survival instincts passed down to us individually from thousands years of survival. The stuff your ancestors did to survive was different from mine. Our ancestors had to do different things to survive and eventually that ended up with us being here.

And whatever instincts passed onto me from thousands of years of survival is what leads to my form of love and the charecteristics a person needs for me to fall in love with.

People think they have control over who they fall in love with, but they wrong as hell.

Im done getting deep though. The people aint ready for more.

What's love to you? How do you define love?

I do not define it because I do not believe in it. Lest, I do not believe its vague, contemporary mediatized fantasy.

My conception about "love" is more attuned toward both Hesiodic, Aristolecian and Socratic conceptions of loves and willing: there has philia or filialship, fundamental eros/aphrodeitē ourania or spiritual attraction, the fundamental attraction which encompasses, belies and binds betwist the stars within and without everything, (ancient Greeks called it almost interchangeably "Ether" , "Logos" , "Sophia" or "primordial waters" all accordingly ancient Egyptian cosmological traditions, Kabbalians the "En Soph" , Gnoscistics the "Soul" or "Oneness" Christians named it "Holy Spirit" or "Logos" too, Mesmerics "anima" , New Age movements "universal/cosmic love" and fiction authors either the "Force" , "the power of Love" or "Dust" . From a modernally scientific standpoint, it echoes the proprieties of both antimatter/dark matter and dark energy in Theorical Astrophysics) and, to the other hand, the terrestrial eros/aphrodeitē pandemos or passional attraction/carnal lust; agape or altruistic love, storge or both kinship/familiar love, patriotism/nationalism/tribal filialship and intimate marital filialship/duty, boulesis or pragmatic/rational willing, epithumia or bodily appetite/primal wish or willing, phantasia or mind-visualized willing/desire, the never-named ares or frenzy of combat/battle-lust/bloodlust, thanatos or the impulse of death, bios or the impulse of life, nemesis or the willing for punitive retribution from either alleged or proven transgression or hubris, philein or the love of philosophy and other intellectual matters, and a manifold variety of subtexts and deviancies such as platonical romance/romantic friendship, mild attraction, commodity fetishes and paraphilias, addiction, hypersexuality, hyposexuality, etcetera.

If we're talking about non-platonic intersexual relationships, I would resume his in seven subtexts: storgaic bonding, various forms of transactionary relationships, sexual attraction, various forms of hypergamy, opportunistic hypergamy/monkey-branching, casual relationships and any intermediate in-between (which includes a wide array of affective disorders too many times nefariously idealized and championed by society in media and arts) .

Attraction wise in intersexual relationships, I would rather say sexual attraction of course, but also intellectual attraction, aesthetic attraction, psychological attraction, mental attraction, genetic attraction, "romantic" attraction, sensual attraction, semi-platonic attraction and emotional attraction.

Last edited:
Back