Welcome To aBlackWeb

Look What They Feeding My Boy

To the bolded

I'd say that speaks more to those individuals personality. There is a large segment of people that thrive off of being included in the mix. They want to be seen/heard. They want to be apart of the fold. They don't allow themselves to operate based on their own thoughts. They have to be told what to think and feel. I think it's something that's carried over from adolescence for real.

Like if you watch a group of toddlers together, you can see it happening. Like if you have a child and you know their personality, they can operate in said group in a way that is the total opposite of how they do when they are at home. They will do things that they see others do. Now there are those that will do their own thing no matter wherr they are, but those kids are the outliers. I've personally seen it happen coaching. It's wild when you step back and look at it.

Some people never grow out of that and they allow themselves to be swayed by the opinion of others in many areas of their lives.
You wrap up exactly what I'm trying to get across and this nigga argues with me but cosigns you

download.jpeg

To the bolded

I'd say that speaks more to those individuals personality. There is a large segment of people that thrive off of being included in the mix. They want to be seen/heard. They want to be apart of the fold. They don't allow themselves to operate based on their own thoughts. They have to be told what to think and feel. I think it's something that's carried over from adolescence for real.

Like if you watch a group of toddlers together, you can see it happening. Like if you have a child and you know their personality, they can operate in said group in a way that is the total opposite of how they do when they are at home. They will do things that they see others do. Now there are those that will do their own thing no matter wherr they are, but those kids are the outliers. I've personally seen it happen coaching. It's wild when you step back and look at it.

Some people never grow out of that and they allow themselves to be swayed by the opinion of others in many areas of their lives.
And that's how I see discussions like this.

Any time a bunch of people are worried about something I can give a fuck less about...

I call it fake outrage... I've often called it my favorite kind of out rage.

I even made a thread about it.

None of this shit is really that important. But people allowed other to lie to them to convince them that it is. Then people lie to themselves to make themselves outraged

I'm answering your broad point by saying people on large seek out what they want to listen to.

If you don't want that shit in your life, then stop going after it. It's a fairly simple concept. It's so much shit niggaz obsess over that doesn't even interest me.

And y'all don't even he happy about the shit y'all consume yallselves with

I see it all the time on Facebook. People be needing breaks cuz the spend all their time in the controversial topics...arguing with the most toxic people.... Posting shit that attracts heated debates...

Then say

"I need a break from social media.... It's too negative"

I'm like dude,I look at funny memes, turtle pictures, and talk about comic book shit all day... Fuck y'all be into??

The social Dilemma doc speaks directly to this and how people are basically steered towards topics they frequently talk about due to algorithms. I've definitely noticed a difference over the past few months as I've purposelt stopped engaging in and searching out certain information I'm less likely to come across posts or tweets about certain topics.

In the late 2000's i remember reading articles and watching a clip that showed a number of the record label execs, particularly the conglomerate board members, were heavily-invested in the prison industrial complex i.e. prisons and companies that supply materials, food etc

So of course, the artists that get signed have to promote criminal and/or dysfunctional behaviour, in order to influence the listeners lifestyle hoping it will eventually lead to commit crimes.

That helps fufill the demand for prisoners since the execs and co. have an invested supply of prisons.

In the late 2000's i remember reading articles and watching a clip that showed a number of the record label execs, particularly the conglomerate board members, were heavily-invested in the prison industrial complex i.e. prisons and companies that supply materials, food etc

So of course, the artists that get signed have to promote criminal and/or dysfunctional behaviour, in order to influence the listeners lifestyle hoping it will eventually lead to commit crimes.

That helps fufill the demand for prisoners since the execs and co. have an invested supply of prisons.

According to some rap don’t have that kind of influence

I think you are about to open up a can of worms with this one. I get exactly what you're saying. IMO, for like the last 20-25 years or so, what would commonly be considered "urban" or "black" music has been used as a vehicle to set trends. If we look back to the civil rights era, there are documentaries out now that prove that there was a politically motivated agenda to demonize the leaders who stood for black empowerment. In turn, i think those individuals in charge of that campaign realized the influence of music as well and eventually moved to control it was well.

When hip hop music noticeably became the most popular genre, i think there was a concerted effort to change the narrative of the message in the music. Gil Scott Heron, Public Enemy, Poor Righteous Teachers, KRS-1, many others became the exception instead of the rule. Personally, i think that was by design.

Before we had the ease of access we do now, the radio played a major part in exposure. Because those types of artists stopped getting the push of the label in an era when they dictated 90% of what became popular, it was easy to put the spotlight to artists that focused on the negative aspects of the culture. And it worked...

It carried over for almost 3 decades. And here we are.

You're dead-on here. I've said this a number of times back on the IC and maybe once here. I think one of my multi-paragraph joints in The Reason spoke to this in detail. If you compare the hip hop being played on the radio when I graduated high school to what's being played today, there's a stark contrast. In 1990 we had Paris, Ice Cube, KRS, Poor Righteous Teachers, King Sun, X Clan, P.E., Rakim, ATCQ, Tragedy, etc all alongside acts like Kid Sensation, MC Hammer, BDK, NWA, Kool G Rap an DJ Polo, Three Times Dope, etc. Today what's playing that even compares, message-wise, to what was being played back then? Nothing. There's far more rap on the radio, but also far less substance, if any at all.

According to some rap don’t have that kind of influence

Yeah it's asinine.

When i studied media, i quickly realised all forms of media's influence is heavily psychological.

That led me to into psychology, and during that time, i realised the influence of music was primarily on the unconscious mind.

That's why the most repetitive part of a song is called a chorus or a hook, 'cause it helps the entire song to ensnare and attach itself to the listeners mind whether knowingly or unknowingly.

Pay close attention to words and a lot gets revealed easily.

I'm not saying music doesn't influence people.

I'm saying people are weak to allow it to influence them to that degree.

If you are committing illegal acts solely because of the music you listen to.... The issue is internal.... Not external.

Lions exist. They have to eat. If you get caught, you were the weakest prey ??‍♂️

If you are committing illegal acts solely because of the music you listen to.... The issue is internal.... Not external.

Lions exist. They have to eat. If you get caught, you were the weakest prey ??‍♂️
:smh:

If you want to hang out, you've gotta take her out, cocaine
If you want to get down, get down on the ground, cocaine
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie,
Cocaine
If you got that lose, you want to kick them blues, cocaine
When your day is done, and you want to ride on cocaine
Cocaine
If your day is gone, and you want to ride on, cocaine
Don't forget this fact, you can't get it back, cocaine
Cocaine
Cocaine

It's not just the music, but that's a huge part of it because of it's availability. You can have music with you wherever you're at thanks to a walkman back inna day and today because of your phone. You could quite literally listen to shoot-em-up-bang music all day and night if you wanted to, and a lot of muhfuckas do exactly that.

You ever been in a crack/trap house and they had KRS-ONE playing in the background?
You ever been around thug niggas listening to afrocentric rap?
What niggas you know gettin ready for a drive-by got PE in the deck?

Back