Welcome To aBlackWeb

Look What They Feeding My Boy

I think it's a fault argument. Because people always had a choice of what they listened to.

If you want to listen to more harsh topics, you'll gravitate towards that.

If you wanna listen to emo shit, you'll gravitate towards that.

If anything, with the overabundance of information we have at our disposal these days, there are more options than we ever had.

People CHOOSE what they listen to. No one even listens to local radio like that no more
Everyone has streaming services that play exactly what you want it to play. So again.... people hear what they wanna hear. See what they wanna see

I think it's a fault argument. Because people always had a choice of what they listened to.

If you and listen to more harsh topics, you'll gravitate towards that.

If you wanna listen to emo shit, you'll gravitate towards that.

If anything, with the overabundance of information we have at our disposal these days, there are more options than we ever had.

People CHOOSE what they listen to. No one even listens to local radio like that no more
Everyone has streaming services that play exactly what you want it to play. So again.... people hear what they wanna hear. See what they wanna see
You ever heard an NBA young boy song

I don't play rap loudly in my home.. My kids be awkward as shit around other kids who are exposed to that shit

U do...dont confuse your preferences for the overall general preferences

True.. I do... but the difference I was pointing out is that we all have THE OPTION to do so now and not just forced to listen to what the radio plays. And if we are strictly speaking from the parental standpoint... there is a certain amount of control there as well so it's not like the kids are being force fed this shitty music

You see NBA young boy ever where?
Don't know what he looks like. I would have to Google him. And I still would just be like...

O... Ok

I have no working knowledge of this person's impact on anything.

Where he's from. What he looks like. What his music sounds like. His appeal. I've heard or seen the name before, but I am completely unfamiliar with his work. I would guess horribly if I heard a song by him prior to this conversation

Don't know what he looks like. I would have to Google him. And I still would just be like...

O... Ok

I have no working knowledge of this person's impact on anything.

Where he's from. What he looks like. What his music sounds like. His appeal. I've heard or seen the name before, but I am completely unfamiliar with his work. I would guess horribly if I heard a song by him prior to this conversation
Then how can you make a point about how influential he is outside of your own preferences?

For example. I am aware Tory lanez is Person. And I am aware he is popular. But I do not know his "sound"

You couldn't play a Tory song for me, and I'd go... Oh shit that's Tory.

I just don't care enough. I heard his new album was supposed to be good... However the chances of me EVER playing that shit thru are very very low.

Every time niggaz start talking albums if the year, I'm lost as to most these people are or where they even came from

Then how can you make a point about how influential he is outside of your own preferences?
Because it has impacted my life on almost no scale, which leads me to the belief that you have to seek the shit out.

I've never seeked him out, so he has no impact on me. You seek him out, therefore he has one on you.

Simple logic ??‍♂️

Because it has impacted my life on almost no scale, which leads me to the belief that you have to seek the shit out.

I've never seeked him out, so he has no impact on me. You seek him out, therefore he has one on you.

Simple logic ??‍♂️
You keep looking at a broad point from your own perspective, everyone else ain't you and youth especially ain't you.

Did being with a Team like the Roc amplify Beans appeal to you?

True.. I do... but the difference I was pointing out is that we all have THE OPTION to do so now and not just forced to listen to what the radio plays. And if we are strictly speaking from the parental standpoint... there is a certain amount of control there as well so it's not like the kids are being force fed this shitty music

This is true to an extent.

We all have the choice to play whatever type of music we want. However, the music that we as black people determine is in as a collective majority becomes popular to the masses. The suburban white youth is the biggest audience though. And they really don't KNOW our culture. So they fall back on their preconceived notions on what it means to be "black" and popular for the most part. And due to the programming of those in control of the platforms that we all use to consume music, what type of music do you think the overall majority gravitate towards?

I'd say whatever the algorithms push in their faces. Whatever falls in line with the image that they already have implanted on their brains.

I'm making a broad cultural point and you are debating it based on personal preference
I'm answering your broad point by saying people on large seek out what they want to listen to.

If you don't want that shit in your life, then stop going after it. It's a fairly simple concept. It's so much shit niggaz obsess over that doesn't even interest me.

And y'all don't even he happy about the shit y'all consume yallselves with

I see it all the time on Facebook. People be needing breaks cuz the spend all their time in the controversial topics...arguing with the most toxic people.... Posting shit that attracts heated debates...

Then say

"I need a break from social media.... It's too negative"

I'm like dude,I look at funny memes, turtle pictures, and talk about comic book shit all day... Fuck y'all be into??

This is true to an extent.

We all have the choice to play whatever type of music we want. However, the music that we as black people determine is in as a collective majority becomes popular to the masses. The suburban white youth is the biggest audience though. And they really don't KNOW our culture. So they fall back on their preconceived notions on what it means to be "black" and popular for the most part. And due to the programming of those in control of the platforms that we all use to consume music, what type of music do you think the overall majority gravitate towards?

I'd say whatever the algorithms push in their faces. Whatever falls in line with the image that they already have implanted on their brains.

No doubt.... and that's where parenting comes in.

If folks arent letting their kids watch R rated movies with people getting their heads blown off, graphic sex scenes and cursing ever other word... why would they allow their kids to listen to violent ass toxic ass music... even if its popular and being pushed to the masses like that.

I agree all the way that there's an agenda to push negative images/behavior to the masses. Personal responsibility has gotta come into play at some point tho as to what music and visuals we do or don't ingest

You keep looking at a broad point from your own perspective, everyone else ain't you and youth especially ain't you.

Did being with a Team like the Roc amplify Beans appeal to you?
I liked beans, cuz I liked beans. But I always understood he's not everybody's cup of tea.

I joke around, but I am completely aware that many people don't see what I see. They don't hear what I hear. And things don't appeal to them like it does to me.

But I am also very suspicious that many people don't have individual taste. They just hop on whatever is trendy or popular... Then attack it as if it's the only thing going. It's really not. But if you are exposing yourself to something because it's popular...and not because you like it, you're gonna often find yourself in a state of an insatiable irritation

I'm answering your broad point by saying people on large seek out what they want to listen to.

If you don't want that shit in your life, then stop going after it. It's a fairly simple concept. It's so much shit niggaz obsess over that doesn't even interest me.

And y'all don't even he happy about the shit y'all consume yallselves with

I see it all the time on Facebook. People be needing breaks cuz the spend all their time in the controversial topics...arguing with the most toxic people.... Posting shit that attracts heated debates...

Then say

"I need a break from social media.... It's too negative"

I'm like dude,I look at funny memes, turtle pictures, and talk about comic book shit all day... Fuck y'all be into??

To the bolded

I'd say that speaks more to those individuals personality. There is a large segment of people that thrive off of being included in the mix. They want to be seen/heard. They want to be apart of the fold. They don't allow themselves to operate based on their own thoughts. They have to be told what to think and feel. I think it's something that's carried over from adolescence for real.

Like if you watch a group of toddlers together, you can see it happening. Like if you have a child and you know their personality, they can operate in said group in a way that is the total opposite of how they do when they are at home. They will do things that they see others do. Now there are those that will do their own thing no matter wherr they are, but those kids are the outliers. I've personally seen it happen coaching. It's wild when you step back and look at it.

Some people never grow out of that and they allow themselves to be swayed by the opinion of others in many areas of their lives.

Back