Welcome To aBlackWeb

LL Cool J, Chaka Khan & Janet Are Hall of Fame Nominees

ABW

LL Cool J’s taste-making career has long earned him a place in the hip-hop history books. However, 2019 could be the year his legacy is cemented in yet another impressive historic institution: the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

On Tuesday (Oct. 9) the nominees for the class of 2019 were announced, with LL Cool J, a returning nominee, being joined by a mixture of new and old candidates.

According to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s official announcement, LL Cool J has officially been nominated for voting consideration alongside the likes of Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, Devo, John Prine, Roxy Music, Stevie Nicks, Todd Rundgren, Kraftwerk, MC5, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, The Cure and The Zombies.

Fans interested in casting a vote can do so via Rockhall.com through December 9. Inductees will be announced in December and the 2019 induction ceremony will take place at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on March 29.

Earlier this year, LL Cool J launched his own classic hip-hop radio channel, Rock The Bells, on SiriusXM, catering toward the OGs and celebrating the genre-defining acts that paved the way for hip-hop to evolve into the leading culture it is today.

Best of luck to LL Cool J this time around!

https://twitter.com/rockhall/status/1049634121666818048

giphy.gif

Well, Chaka was a movement, LL is the goat, and Janet...I've only heard a few songs. The songs that everyone knows, so ion know

6 out of 15 huh? My votes go for Chaka, LL, Janet (she comes from a HOF family for fuck's sake... if Tito's fat ass can get in with his brothers, so should she), Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac is already in I think), Radiohead and The Cure. The fuck is an MC5.

Back