Welcome To aBlackWeb

Living that DINK (Dual Income, No Kids) life.....

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..

Why are More Couples Choosing the DINK Life?

One of the main reasons couples are choosing to wait or forego having children is financial. When the Great Recession hit in 2009, a lot of Millenials were just graduating from college or starting their careers.

The recession made it challenging to get jobs and begin investing for the future. Gen Xers lost 45% of their wealth during this time. On top of recovering from the recession, nearly half of Millenials and a third of Gen Xers have a significant amount of student loan debt.

These factors have made it difficult for young people to achieve financial milestones and start families.
Some couples choose to wait a few years before having kids after they get married. They can use this time to travel, make financial and life plans, and enjoy married life as a couple.

Pros of the DINK Lifestyle

The DINK lifestyle definitely has its benefits. They include:

Plenty of free time

DINK couples don’t have to put Little League games, dance recitals, PTA meetings, or orthodontist visits on their schedules. When the workday ends, their time is their own. They are free to go to the gym, take in a movie, or grab a meal at their favorite restaurant. And they can stay out as late as they want, with no worries about paying the babysitter.

Extra money

According to a report issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the cost of raising a child from birth through age 17 is $233,610. A couple with two children would have over $460,000 in child-rearing expenses. Without kids, that same couple could enjoy that money in whatever manner they wish. While some of it should go towards investing for the future, some of it could be spent on indulgences like fine dining, first-class travel, the latest luxury or sports car, or an expensive condo coupled with a lavish lifestyle.

More years to bond as a couple

Once kids arrive on the scene, the dynamics between a couple can change. Getting to know each other at a deeper level through intimate dinner conversations is replaced with talking about the kids and their needs. Seemingly, years can go by with little time spent alone together, except for the occasional night out or the rare vacation as a couple.

DINK couples have only themselves and their relationship to worry about. They can take many more trips together by themselves. A day spent hiking together can be decided upon at a moment’s notice, without having to worry about child care. They can enjoy many more experiences as a couple, creating more memories and bringing them closer together faster.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts? Cause I have some.

The first being: why do people think it's a bad thing to be married without children? What norm is everyone stuck in?

This is dope if its what both ppl wants

I side eye adults without kids but at the same time I envy them for the amount of freedom they should have

This is dope if its what both ppl wants

I side eye adults without kids but at the same time I envy them for the amount of freedom they should have
It's hilarious how many of my relatives say this to me now.....especially since we be out like every 6 weeks to somewhere different.

Honestly, the "why dont you have children yet" usually comes from the older adults like your (not you in particular) mom and dad . I dont get those questions from my peers. I see nothing wrong with it. Having kids is a big responsibility. Wish more people put more thought into it but shit happens.

why am i not surprised at who created this thread lol

par for the motherfucking course😄

Ah, you been saying this "I side eye adults without kids" for years. But you were just hating, lol. Got it. Thanks for being honest, lol
No hate but I did tone down the inflammatory rhetoric lol

Today my only son Nas 11th bday. I wouldn't give that time back for none of the perks of being childless.

It's hilarious how many of my relatives say this to me now.....especially since we be out like every 6 weeks to somewhere different.
That shit real lol

As a foodie I love to travel and eat and having *young* kids is very restrictive

We need more black babies.

With that being said….. Since we created two more babies our spending on ourselves has been killed Lololololol

Glad we had two more though. My Chop and Bug are my road dogs.

We need more black babies.

With that being said….. Since we created two more babies our spending on ourselves has been killed Lololololol

Glad we had two more though. My Chop and Bug are my road dogs.
And that works for you. That's fair.

My issue is everyone else beefin with muhfuckas who say the opposite.

I'm a fan of doing whatever the fuck you wanna do. If you don't want kids yet, don't have any. Stack ya money, enjoy each other, and travel around the world. Of of the few regrets I have is that I didn't travel more before my ex and I decided to have our son. I've done a lot of world traveling since. But it would have been way easier and I would have done way more of it if I didn't have children.

DINK life is where it's at! I see my friends and family with kids and they aging in double-time and can't do shit cant buy shit and just all around bogged down by life.

j/k - but still. I'd rather have nieces and nephews than kids. I don't know how people live that lifestyle.

Honestly, the "why dont you have children yet" usually comes from the older adults like your (not you in particular) mom and dad . I dont get those questions from my peers. I see nothing wrong with it. Having kids is a big responsibility. Wish more people put more thought into it but shit happens.

Exactly. The reason I don't have or want any. Everybody isn't cut out for being a parent. Then you have people that have no business being parents bringing children into the world and end up living in dysfunction.

Back