Welcome To aBlackWeb

Live-Action “Little Mermaid” casts Grownish Star Halle Bailey & white folks are mad

I'm not mad at it, but it wasn't necessary either. I don't think people were calling for Disney princesses to be turned black. Just create more racially diverse princesses, which Disney's actually done a fair job at.

If they were insistent on a black princess, why not just roll with The Princess and the Frog?

Is Disney gonna do a live action of all their movies? Just because they can don't mean they should. There's mulan, hercules, lilo and stitch ,pocahantes, the hunchback of Notre dame atlantis, the emperor's new grove etc. They couldv3 done the sword in the stone. I'm saying thought skip the movies and do live action films based on tv shows like gargoyles.

People voice characters of different races all the time. Like ALL THE TIME. It's such a minor but in this current climate I guess it fits

Edit.

Just seen its live action so disregard this post

Last edited:
lol this is great.

We already know that folks just love complaining about shit tho. They gon complain about this... until they find the next thing to complain about.

Wasn't it a couple days ago that folks on social media were complaining that they were considering Melissa Mccarthy for Ursula and not some trans person or a crossdressing male?

what's even more hilarious is that with all this whining... folks are still gonna go see the film and I bet it's gonna do great at the box office

Back