Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Little Brother - May The Lord Watch

The production is perfect for both their flow, content, and the over all vibe of the album

The album isnt ""over produced"" like their last 2 without 9th on the boards

They found that happy medium of sounding like classic LB with 9th but still sounding fresh & new.They showed that they have moved without him and didn't need to ask other producers to ""bootlegg"" his style.

But that's exactly what they did tho. The entire album is bootleg 9th wonder beats.

Nah, man....9th sound is a lil "heavier", old school soul....harder drums....than what's on this album.

If anything this is closer to the sound Nicolay produced on the 1st Foreign Exchange album.

Which is why I was surprised not to see his name on any of the credits

Last edited:
Had they went out and got Apollo Brown and told him to ""tone down" his sound than there would have been an argument that they were going for bootlegg 9th production.

But Apollo already has his own style.
Even tho him and 9th use vocal samples. But Apollo's drums are even harder, gritter, and grimer than 9th 's. And that's not the LB sound.

One of the best albums of the year so far. Love the skits, brings me back to the early days. Still upset 9th didnt produce it tho

Is 9th still a “professor” at Duke?
I'm not so sure anymore. I know he had a class at university of North Carolina cuz that's where rapsody and kooley high got their start. Had a class called the art of sampling or something like that that he taught.

As much as I would of liked to see LB as a trio again or 9th atleast making them a few beats, not taking anything away from 9th, but after how dope Phonte's 2 solo albums were I figured he and Pooh would be good.

Someone girl got fucked

This is funny because its a local rapper here named buggs that used to rock with talib and they fell out over a chick. They even took the bullshit to social media.

Everything
What i Came For
Sittin Alone

Them my top 3

Sittin alone a dope anthem for being washed

Lmao @ "Its so good to be a white man again". Lol.

Man I'm so glad they brought back the UBN skits

You can barely tell 9th ain't contributed to this. Its like they never skipped a beat.

Back