Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lil Wayne Ripped For His Response To George Floyd Killing: We Should ‘Place The Blame On Ourselves’

This shouldn't be a big surprise. This is the same man who said a few years ago that there is no such thing as racism because his concert audiences are attended by a lot of white fans. Wayne also said millennials know racism isn’t cool and some other stuff.

This the shit I dislike the most.

One of our uneducated or unaware says some wild shit and then the rest of us jump on our phones to write self indulgent think pieces and unfunny insults to feed our own narcissism.

The world is on fire and your people are at war. You should never ever ever have the time or energy to waste fighting and belittling one of your own just because you disagree with them.

If you not trying to educate the brother and those who agree with him, shut up and leave him be. His ignorance only immobilizes himself.

One of our uneducated or unaware says some wild shit and then the rest of us jump on our phones to write self indulgent think pieces and unfunny insults to feed our own narcissism.

The world is on fire and your people are at war. You should never ever ever have the time or energy to waste fighting and belittling one of your own just because you disagree with them.

If you not trying to educate the brother and those who agree with him, shut up and leave him be. His ignorance only immobilizes himself.

That logic may work for regular folks but regular folks don't have the following and platform that Wayne has... so for him to use his platform to say some shit like that is problematic.

Most of us don't take our cues from entertainers/musicians at least I hope not.. but there are alot of folks who do... so we cant just brush it off when they say some wild shit

This shouldn't be a big surprise. This is the same man who said a few years ago that there is no such thing as racism because his concert audiences are attended by a lot of white fans. Wayne also said millennials know racism isn’t cool and some other stuff.

nigga been saying wild shit

how are we in position to educate him? He got the funds to teach himself.

That logic may work for regular folks but regular folks don't have the following and platform that Wayne has... so for him to use his platform to say some shit like that is problematic.

Most of us don't take our cues from entertainers/musicians at least I hope not.. but there are alot of folks who do... so we cant just brush it off when they say some wild shit
Exactly

How you gonna educate a dude who intentionally moved away from his people

He ain't trying to learn shit

This doesn't apply here and this type of thought needs to be thoroughly lashed at our it will seed other weak minded people......look at his hardcore fanbase niggas started wearing jeggings because of him you let popular idiots talk to much without correction and bad things happen

This doesn't apply here and this type of thought needs to be thoroughly lashed at our it will seed other weak minded people......look at his hardcore fanbase niggas started wearing jeggings because of him you let popular idiots talk to much without correction and bad things happen
I know, yall angry and got energy just like I do.

But this...

Nigga just told me to go teach Wayne about the plight of black people and how him being ignorant In public is Harmful lmao

Is doing exactly what I just described. Do you really think all of that barking and elitist snobbery is going to make the people who think like him stop and listen to you? Would you listen to anyone who talked to you like that? How exactly does that go?

"Damn... I agreed with Wayne but seeing this guy on the internet hurl insults at him and pretend to be intellectually superior is causing me to change my opinion. Thanks internet guy!"

Get out of your own way.

Hip Hop looking embarrassing right now. I don't expect much from celebrities on their politics but the silence or straight up ignorant statements from both oldheads and youngbloods on this mass movement right now is damning since the genre was molded by these events that took place. Sad.

Was listening to Killer Mike this morning speaking on this issue. ... on my wife's phone.... he been a REAL one

Not every Hiphop artiste is pussy

Certain celebs live in a celebrity bubble and are basically disconnected from "real" world issues. They'll make sensible arguments and stands on label issues, papparazzis and the Grammys not showing them love...but completely oblivious to what the masses are dealing with

Back