Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lifetime’s “Surviving R. Kelly” Docuseries(aka The #MeToo Summer Jam Screen series) Trailer

Allegedly making home videos fam , a jury of his peers concluded that it was not him on that tape ....my point was that given the fact that most knew bout his transgressions and shrugged their shoulders or looked the other way......the same way they did and are doing for Elvis James Brown Marvin Gaye and the rest of those freaks...by ur logic I think Kells can argue that it was socially acceptable

A jury of his peers? So now niggas holding the justice system up as proof?

We know about each of their allegations/issues or whatever you want to call it. Why do we need a documentary just to tell us what we know?

Clearly the reaction to this documentary should show you folks really didn't realize how deep this shit really ran and just how many around him were involved. Especially again when you consider a large portion of the push against R. Kelly are from people who are young and barely alive if even alive during his peak success

I think the shit that comes off so wrong is when folks say "white folks know how to protect their own why don't we?".. Why it gotta be the worst of the worst for that argument to be used? Because I rarely see it used when not being aimed at protecting someone accused of doing something foul.
They ain’t got no morals. Barbera Walters scolded Cory Feldman for calling out white male pedophiles, these folks turn a blind eye to their own but want to call out black men, nah man it don’t work that way.

Clearly the reaction to this documentary should show you folks really didn't realize how deep this shit really ran and just how many around him were involved. Especially again when you consider a large portion of the push against R. Kelly are from people who are young and barely alive if even alive during his peak success
“Folks didn’t realize how deep this shit really ran”? Why because they told you the vivid details? Even the younger generation had some semblance of an idea about R Kelly, his name has been in the news recently with talk of him having a sex dungeon etc.

“Folks didn’t realize how deep this shit really ran”? Why because they told you the vivid details? Even the younger generation had some semblance of an idea about R Kelly, his name has been in the news recently with talk of him having a sex dungeon etc.
But the girls were of age when the reports came out. Young, but of age.

Nobody knew he took them in at 17. Nobody knew he used his power and influence to take advantage of them. Nobody knew he was abusing them.

Again, why are people acting like the doc is a re-run?

But the girls were of age when the reports came out. Young, but of age.

Nobody knew he took them in at 17. Nobody knew he used his power and influence to take advantage of them. Nobody knew he was abusing them.

Again, why are people acting like the doc is a re-run?
So the media didn’t mention his past allegations of pedophilia? And speculating about the ages of the girls? Wasn’t there a story about the girls being abused and held against their will? That’s very disingenuous. Is this what we’re doing?

So the media didn’t mention his past allegations of pedophilia? And speculating about the ages of the girls? Wasn’t there a story about the girls being abused and held against their will? That’s very disingenuous. Is this what we’re doing?
All we knew was Aaliyah (15 at marriage but according to marriage law ok to marry with parental consent) and the sex tape (age of girl in dispute and her own family saying it wasn't her).

You act like we knew about the other 8+ girls in the doc.

The additional info and corroborating stories, in addition to abuse details provided in the story, changes a lot.

Don't act like it don't.

All we knew was Aaliyah (15 at marriage but according to marriage law ok to marry with parental consent) and the sex tape (age of girl in dispute and her own family saying it wasn't her).

You act like we knew about the other 8+ girls in the doc.

The additional info and corroborating stories, in addition to abuse details provided in the story, changes a lot.

Don't act like it don't.
I mentioned that R Kelly been in the news the last year or so and during that time his past pedophilia has always been brought up by the media. There was a huge story a year or two ago that R Kelly had a sex dungeon and there was talk of those girls being held against their will. You don’t remember that? The only thing we didn’t know was the intricate details and vivid descriptions of what R Kelly was doing...

I mentioned that R Kelly been in the news the last year or so and during that time his past pedophilia has always been brought up by the media. There was a huge story a year or two ago that R Kelly had a sex dungeon and there was talk of those girls being held against their will. You don’t remember that? The only thing we didn’t know was the intricate details and vivid descriptions of what R Kelly was doing...
I don't keep up with R. Kelly like that, and most everybody didn't. This doc brought the general public up to speed.

And it's not our fault we didn't know. We got our own lives.

But when a doc ties everything together, past and present, as this doc did, then shit is understood. Which was the point of the doc.

So the doc served its purpose. But y'all "niggas should have been outraged years ago" niggas keep derailing shit.

On some real shit

I propose this question to anybody who super upset and feeling a way after seeing this doc. What should we do now that these ALLEGATIONS have been made public?What should millions of dark skin people who don’t know R Kelly or care about his private life do about this situation?

And if there is nothing we can do, then what is the point of telling us? What was the purpose of this documentary other than a public lynching?

I don’t know R Kelly but I know he was found innocent in a court of law. What punishment should I be expected to dole out to a man I have no personal relationship with directly or indirectly?

Nobody asking you to punish anybody. A documentary is just like news. If some people want to have a open dialogue about sex crimes in our community or something. Some people want to look at as an attack in black men. And the people who dont care probably aint watch.

Back