Lifetime’s “Surviving R. Kelly” Docuseries(aka The #MeToo Summer Jam Screen series) Trailer

Discussion in 'The News & Rumors Spot' started by StringerBell, Oct 25, 2018.

1. BlackRain

BlackRain Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $73,908
    ABW Bucks:
    $73,908 ($0 Banked)
    John Legend is from Ohio not Chicago

• Cosign Cosign x 2
    • Ether Ether x 1
  2. Goldie

Goldie Hard Work + Patience Site Owner R.I.P NIP

ABW Bucks:
    $61,455,123
    ABW Bucks:
    $61,455,123 ($1 Banked)

• Ether Ether x 9
  3. Kzzl

Kzzl Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $110,349
    ABW Bucks:
    $110,349 ($0 Banked)
    Seems like you're both debating over a gamble of circumstances. Missing that a possibility of rebellion is always there, regardless of how severe the punishment. The only thing either of you can do is hope your parental methods work.

Hopefully you'd have taught your kid right from wrong when confronted by a predator. They may be a victim and "a long talking too" may suffice.
    But there is also the scenario where they simply become lost to the streets. Talking, rehab, near death experiences, and more may not be enough. At that point they have chosen that lifestyle and extreme confinement maybe warranted.

• Ether Ether x 1
  4. VIBE

VIBE Elevated Jedi [+] Christwalker Danny Tanner

ABW Bucks:
    $1,123,420
    ABW Bucks:
    $1,123,420 ($0 Banked)
    Now Im trapped in the prison..

5. ThanoVeli

ThanoVeli Active Member

ABW Bucks:
    $14,135
    ABW Bucks:
    $14,135 ($0 Banked)
    As a father of 3 daughters, 2 of them still in their mid and late teens, you have learn that parenting is a learning process.

You can say all day what you're daughter ain't going to do, but the reality is she will do whatever she wants. It's simply a matter of if you find out or not. The only thing you can do is love her, support her, protect her as much as possible and guide her nonstop from the moment she comes into this fucked up world. And one more thing LISTEN TO HER. The more comfortable your daughter is talking to you, the more she will value your input and opinion and be less inclined to do certain things.

Just like we did all kinds of shit when we were teens because we thought we knew everything and our parents was just lames trying to run our lives. The game ain't changed just the players.

Just last night, on the way home from picking up my 15 year old from work, she tells me how disgusted she was at these grown men who was flirting with her earlier. Her words out of her mouth were "they can clearly see I'm not grown".

That was a reminder that I can't block each and every single evil of this world from confronting her. I have to rely on everything I've taught her from our talks to my leading by example to showing her how to shoot. Now will I be posted at her job on her next shift for a little while with the glock tucked? Damn right. But that's how it goes when you have daughters smh. Niggas don't know the stress

• Goat Goat x 11
    • Cosign Cosign x 2
    • Ether Ether x 1
  6. Hellczar

Hellczar Prominent Member Tidewater Negro

ABW Bucks:
    $23,153,313
    ABW Bucks:
    $23,153,313 ($0 Banked)
    The thing us the penalty for an adult sleepung with kids is jail time you said the kid should get the same punishment so they should get jail right?

• Ether Ether x 1
  7. Hellczar

ABW Bucks:
    $23,153,313
    ABW Bucks:
    $23,153,313 ($0 Banked)
    Ayo @AP21 you let knock around your kid bro? Shit looking funny out here

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Ether Ether x 1
  8. deadeye

deadeye 49yr old teen hood god

ABW Bucks:
    $1,638,349
    ABW Bucks:
    $1,638,349 ($0 Banked)

Interesting chart.

Ironically, the pre-teen brain doesn't really look that much less mature than the 20yr old brain.

The chart makes it seem like a teen brain is about 70-80% as mature as a 20yr old brain.

Also, the justice system throws teenagers with "immature brains" in jail all the time.

This would seem to indicate that immaturity is not always going to be a good enough excuse to absolve teenagers of being held accountable for their actions.

9. rip.dilla

rip.dilla Prominent Member Bride's Alimony

ABW Bucks:
    $5,444,373
    ABW Bucks:
    $5,444,373 ($0 Banked)
    Kelly got caught on tape having sex with a minor .. My argument has always been

1. Why the American justice system didn't or hasn't locked him up?

2. Why hasn't he been physically assaulted by a male guardian or family member to one of these girls? For years?

That Nigga still walking like nothing

That said do your research on the Motown years and majority of the female singers coming up in that era, 60s and 70s

Couple of them were already sexually active from as young as 15 years old mostly through duress ... Getting pregnant at very early ages

Large scale paedophilia goes on particularly in the Northern part of my country which is predominantly Islamic... Girls not fully physically developed having babies and that fuckin their bodies up

If you've heard of female genital mutilation... Then you know what goes down

• Ether Ether x 2
    • Cosign Cosign x 1
  10. StringerBell

StringerBell Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $2,554,000
    ABW Bucks:
    $2,554,000 ($0 Banked)
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/rock-stars-sexual-misconduct#1

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/11-rock-stars-who-allegedly-slept-with-underage-girls-7980930

• Ether Ether x 3
    • Goat Goat x 2
  11. rip.dilla

ABW Bucks:
    $5,444,373
    ABW Bucks:
    $5,444,373 ($0 Banked)
    Screenshot_20190108-220356.png

Blazing, watching a soccer game and listening to this shit... And these lyrics just resonated with this thread.

Be, B-Boys and girls, listen again
    This is for grown looking girls who's only ten
    The ones who watch videos and do what they see
    As cute as can be, up in the club with fake ID
    Careful, 'fore you meet a man with HIV
    You can host the TV like Oprah Winfrey
    Whatever you decide, be careful, some men be
    Rapists, so act your age, don't pretend to be
    Older than you are, give yourself time to grow
    You thinking he can give you wealth, but so...

Parents man..

• Goat Goat x 1
  12. AP21

AP21 Don't ask me for s**t!!! Bride's Alimony Mod Squad

ABW Bucks:
    $49,960,209
    ABW Bucks:
    $49,960,209 ($0 Banked)
    R Kelly is free because the girl in the tape refused to testify

Plain and simple. It's not like he didn't go to court. In this instance, the Justice system did what they could do and that was take him to trial

• Cosign Cosign x 2
    • Ether Ether x 1
  13. Kzzl

Kzzl Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $110,349
    ABW Bucks:
    $110,349 ($0 Banked)
    The people directly involved in this matter are what allowed Kelly to do what he has done for so long. Anyone proven to have substantial first hand knowledge and victims that accepted settlements in his prior cases. People that likely had the most damning evidence that may have put the man behind bars earlier, but instead of justice accepted a check. I say these are the people most at fault outside of Kelly himself.

Blaming people that may have only had professional relationships or only knew him in passing is irrelevant. Likely just a tactic for generating more hype around the matter as the bigger names often do.

• Cosign Cosign x 1
  14. rip.dilla

ABW Bucks:
    $5,444,373
    ABW Bucks:
    $5,444,373 ($0 Banked)
    I was still living in Africa when this whole legal thing went down... This tape leak exposure happened about the time Best Of Both Worlds dropped (?) ..

I was like this nigga done... Career done

Only for the next year... Chocolate Factory debuts at #1 Billboard 100 charts and spurned hits that 03...

15. Kzzl

Kzzl Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $110,349
    ABW Bucks:
    $110,349 ($0 Banked)
    Now faux feminist may tell you there isn't a racial element at play here. That they don't care if white people did it, make wild claims that black men are mentioning whites to say blacks should get away with it too, and say anything else to deny the discrepancy. Please know that such people are likely enemies of black people anyway.

If they truly wanted to solve this issue of protecting underage children (not just girls) then pointing out other races committing the crime helps that cause. It shouldn't be that hard to multi-task and spread your outrage fairly. To get half-assed about justice when other races are mentioned makes them just as horrible as the people that did enable R.Kelly.

• Cosign Cosign x 6
    • Nosign Nosign x 1
  16. Infamous114

Infamous114 305 Staff Member Mod Squad

ABW Bucks:
    $69,420,254
    ABW Bucks:
    $69,420,254 ($0 Banked)
    User Name Style Change
  17. BlackRain

ABW Bucks:
    $73,908
    ABW Bucks:
    $73,908 ($0 Banked)
    The bold is really my point on contention with the niggas who hold the position that Knock does. Like niggas really do forget just how dumb you were as a teen compared to what you know now as an adult, so it's wild as hell to see adults talk about how grown teens are and how much they know as if they somehow had the same ability to judge situations, people, and navigate the world in their late 20's and 30's vs someone who is 14, 15, 16 years old.

• Cosign Cosign x 2
  18. BlackRain

ABW Bucks:
    $73,908
    ABW Bucks:
    $73,908 ($0 Banked)
    Yeah, because the justice system has this shit figured out. Some of ya'll sure are funny when you want to use the justice system to support your points vs. saying how corrupt and unfair it is.

• Cosign Cosign x 3
  19. Hellczar

ABW Bucks:
    $23,153,313
    ABW Bucks:
    $23,153,313 ($0 Banked)
    Immaturity wont absolve you of crimes. We all know that. A teen shooting their shot at an adult is not a crime. Because the adult is supposed to say no.

Robbing killing and stealing will get q kid locked up. But if they find the kid qas lead to it by an adult they may get less time. Probably have to show an adult forces them to rob steal or kill

• Cosign Cosign x 2
  20. deadeye

deadeye 49yr old teen hood god

ABW Bucks:
    $1,638,349
    ABW Bucks:
    $1,638,349 ($0 Banked)
    • Cosign Cosign x 1