Welcome To aBlackWeb

LGBTQ Terrorists force Halle Berry to give up movie role

when was this said?

so you have no answer for what i said...cool
fact is....black lgbt community is being played just like black feminists was played by the white counter parts.

plenty niggas threw her away on some Serena shit. But anyway the point is real simple. People from a marginalized group that wants better representation would be offended. That’s not reasonable that maybe they prefer a black trans character? Was she bullied or something. You as a black man you’re all about image if somebody was to represent you wouldn’t you prefer it to be somebody from your group. Or at the least somebody black. A group with very little representation what’s the hard part to understand.

when was this said?

so you have no answer for what i said...cool
fact is....black lgbt community is being played just like black feminists was played by the white counter parts.

anither issue I take with you. You keep saying the lbgqt and black feminists are being mislead and used? But why in your opinion is it so easy for them to be mislead? I know you got some essays about it.

plenty niggas threw her away on some Serena shit. But anyway the point is real simple. People from a marginalized group that wants better representation would be offended. That’s not reasonable that maybe they prefer a black trans character? Was she bullied or something. You as a black man you’re all about image if somebody was to represent you wouldn’t you prefer it to be somebody from your group. Or at the least somebody black. A group with very little representation what’s the hard part to understand.
what the hell are you even talking about?

Storm is Halle Berry's role from the original Xmen movie(s).
And, technically, she still may be able to reprise it depending on how the MCU rolls in the future.

Trans campaigning to play Halle's character, while complaining that Halle Berry is campaigning to play a trans, is hypocritical in my book.

we both know Halle wasn’t the only storm yes some fans want a transgender to play storm I don’t think it’s just trans people behind that or even most. And I don’t think the people complaining about misrepresentation are the same ones trying to force themselves into X Men.

what the hell are you even talking about?

read it slower. The complaint that this thread it about. Trans people do not want a non trans playing a trans character. Which makes perfect sense. Now why would you as a black man who also comes from a group of people unfairly stereotyped not understand why they would demand proper representation.

To your other point about black trans not having her back that’s nonsense. I don’t know how else I can frame it here.

Are they campaigning for a transgender to play Jean Grey? How about Rouge? Emma Frost? Why Storm?

Storm is the best. Do I think they might be trying to do too much if they are serious about it yes. Maybe trying to ping too many things at once. Black trans superhero fighting evil with a team of white people and like two other minorities that’s doing too much.

Now depending on who is pushing this Storm thing it could still be stereotypical. Viewing the black woman in a position of power as masculine. We have heard that before when they said Michelle was trans. I feel like if they used a trans for Storm it would backfire completely.

we both know Halle wasn’t the only storm yes some fans want a transgender to play storm I don’t think it’s just trans people behind that or even most. And I don’t think the people complaining about misrepresentation are the same ones trying to force themselves into X Men.

Halle was the original adult Storm for three movies.
That's a fair amount to call it her role.

And I believe it's a safe bet that it's mostly trans, and/or other gays, advocating for that change.
Especially, in comics, usually, these fans don't play with their heroes like that.
Every studio that's tried to shoehorn diversity into established IP's has been met with backlash.
Often with the final product bombing as a result.

Honestly, black women should have been furious when the idea was first presented as well.
They don't have enough proper representation, so the trans community should not be trying to take their spotlight.

Back