Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lets talk credit and credit cards?

@AZTG im probably gonna file for bankruptcy in the next few months. When you filed, did you eventually try to get cards with the companies that were part of the bankruptcy? Were you successful in doing so?

@AZTG im probably gonna file for bankruptcy in the next few months. When you filed, did you eventually try to get cards with the companies that were part of the bankruptcy? Were you successful in doing so?
Yessir. I had a capital one card before, and they gave me a card like 6 months after the bankruptcy.

The key to building good credit for me was a week after bankruptcy was done, I opened a secure credit card. Gave them $500, they gave me a $500 limit, and I used that.

In like 5 or 6 months, after paying on time, capital one themselves sent me an offer. It was like 1k limit. I took that. Closed the secure credit card and got my $500 back.

Doing that sped up me building credit back a exponentially.

Do the same and you'll be good fam

Working towards buying my first house next year. I was always told to stay away from credit cards and I’m glad I did cuz if I had a credit card in my 20s I would’ve ran that shit up.

I just copped my first credit card last week.

Working towards buying my first house next year. I was always told to stay away from credit cards and I’m glad I did cuz if I had a credit card in my 20s I would’ve ran that shit up.

I just copped my first credit card last week.

How many tradelines did your LO tell you you needed to qualify? Back when I was an LO and AE, you needed 3 open tradelines to get an A-paper mortgage. Haven't kept up with the industry so I don't know what's changed.

How many tradelines did your LO tell you you needed to qualify? Back when I was an LO and AE, you needed 3 open tradelines to get an A-paper mortgage. Haven't kept up with the industry so I don't know what's changed.

I haven’t got that far yet. The lease for my spot doesn’t end til next March, so I’ll probably officially start looking for spots later this year.

Back