Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let's flip it: A thread on POSITIVITY in the world

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Cause we need it: so, post uplifting stories here. I'll get the ball rolling:

Despite hardships from Covid, drought, heatwaves, wildfires, and resurgent inflation, three in five Americans say they are pretty happy with their lot, according to the latest Gallup Live Evaluation Index.

The percentage of Americans who evaluated their lives to be ‘thriving’ reached 59.2% in June, the highest in over 13 years of ongoing measurement—and exceeding the previous high of 57.3% from September 2017.

During the initial COVID-19 outbreak and economic shutdown, the thriving percentage plunged nearly 10 percentage points to 46.4% by late April 2020, tying the record-low measured during the recession that began in 2008.

A 40-year-old inventor in the Philippines has apparently set a world record for longest flight by a hoverboard.

Kyxz Mendiola launched his personal aircraft, called the Koncepto Milenya, from a beach and flew for seven minutes and 22 seconds—a distance of 1.79 miles / 2.89km.

Footage shot in Zambales province on July 10 shows the Filipino, who is a drone and flying car enthusiast, gliding 30-feet above the ground, over water and fishing boats, while the water rippled below.

Canada will finally open its borders, first to Americans, beginning August 9

The long wait will soon be over for foreigners who have been banned from entering Canada for nearly 16 months.

Beginning August 9, fully vaccinated citizens and permanent residents of the United States currently residing in the US will be permitted to enter Canada. Non-essential travel into Canada has been banned since March 2020, something the Canadian government said was necessary to mitigate the spread of Covid-19.

International travelers may also be allowed to enter Canada beginning September 7, provided that the "COVID-19 epidemiology remains favorable," the Canadian government said in statement released Monday.

Well we're rapidly approaching rock bottom in the world, so um....nowhere to go but up from here.

Ok, I need to work on this.

INB4 the lock.

I tried making a thread like this a few months ago, but it got shut down, because apparently there’s like six other threads like this or something.

At age 70, Yankees fan gets to live out her dream of being a bat girl

Six decades after the team said no, Gwen McLoughlin served as a bat girl for her beloved New York Yankees.

On Monday, Gwen McLoughlin, 70, served as bat girl for the New York Yankees when they hosted the Los Angeles Angels, 60 years after she was rejected when she wrote a letter to the team as a 10-year-old asking if she could serve in the role.

Anonymous customer leaves $16,000 tip at New Hampshire restaurant

stumble-inn-bar-grill-te-main-210623.jpg

Hundreds of ‘tiny homes’ have appeared in LA for homeless people to live in
Small but perfectly formed houses in white, yellow, blue and pink sit in short rows, while geometric blocks of red, green and blue cover the asphalt that separates them. But this new neighbourhood in Los Angeles is more than a colourful design statement, it’s a bid to house some of the city’s homeless population.

Lehrer Architects, a firm with the philosophy ‘no throwaway spaces’, has unveiled two vibrant villages of micro homes this year, using space that would be passed over by other developers for its size, shape or lack of infrastructure.

Hundreds of ‘tiny homes’ have appeared in LA for homeless people to live in
Small but perfectly formed houses in white, yellow, blue and pink sit in short rows, while geometric blocks of red, green and blue cover the asphalt that separates them. But this new neighbourhood in Los Angeles is more than a colourful design statement, it’s a bid to house some of the city’s homeless population.

Lehrer Architects, a firm with the philosophy ‘no throwaway spaces’, has unveiled two vibrant villages of micro homes this year, using space that would be passed over by other developers for its size, shape or lack of infrastructure.
L.A. homeless problem so bad it’s trickling over to H Town a lil bit

An airport piano player earned $60,000 in tips after a stranger shared videos of him on Instagram

When Tonee "Valentine" Carter sits in front of a piano, his fingers take on a life of their own, dancing across the keys as he smiles, closes his eyes, and sinks into a melody.

Carter, 66, isn't famous, but he does perform for an international audience nearly every day at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Travelers lucky enough to hear him often find themselves hypnotized by his music.

That's what happened to Carlos Whittaker, a motivational speaker who was traveling home to Tennessee on Wednesday morning after a speaking engagement was canceled.

Father Saves Twin Daughters From House Fire Despite Not Being Able To See

A father in Michigan ran into the basement of his burning home to rescue his baby daughters, suffering severe burns in the process.

"The house was engulfed in smoke, I saw my mom and my niece were standing at the door and they were frantic," Lucas said.

His 18-month old daughters, Milan and Malaysia, were asleep in the basement.

"I just knew I had to get my babies out," he said. "That's what went through my mind."

Denver Police Are Giving Out Advance Auto Parts Gift Cards Instead Of Tickets

The Denver police department and Advance Auto Parts have joined forces to serve the community and help keep motorists safe in the Mile High City.

Police officers will now be handing out gift cards to the automotive parts provider instead of writing up tickets.

"So how the program's going to work is now when they pull over a motorist for say a bad head light, or defective tail light, they'll have the option to give a $25 gift card to help the motorist get it fixed," a representative of Advance Auto Parts said during the announcement.

The store donated 100 $25 gift cards to the Denver police department to launch this new vehicle safety program.

"We are very much looking forward to this," said Denver Police Chief Paul Pazen. "Advance Auto Parts' donation not only helps us get greater compliance with the motoring public, but it also helps us build and strengthen relationships with our community."

Cmon man. Positivity should not be rooted in violence, even if it’s violence towards racists.

Let’s try to uplift here.

Back