Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

@konceptjones can also help

The more people in this thread the better

Preciate you @AZTG

huh...???

SmugHatefulArmyworm-max-1mb.gif

who... whaddup doe?

huh???

It really just depends on the person

They give a budget and a timetable and we can find something that works for them.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. You make some very valid points.

If someone says they only wanna spend $600, then the build has to match that.

I know one of my rigs can handle quite a few of the newer games at max settings but it's not a must for me. I am fine with high. I've also gotten into more click and point kinda games and not controller centric triple AAA titles.

If the goal is to play GTA and make it look like a video, I personally wouldn't build a rig specifically just for that game, however, there are people still playing Skyrim with visual mods that look very 4k-ish.

TL;dr. There is no one size fits all approach. I think there's something that will suit him to get started and then he can update at his leisure

me. I'm the people still modding skyrim. honestly it was the primary drive for upgrading my rig until Cyberpunk was announced.

Too bad that engine is piss cause I can run newer games, unmodded at 4k just fine but Skyrim craps out the moment I'm out doors unless its at 1440p.

I ended up building a pc around Feb, 5800x with evga 3080. Had to wait outside a Rockville MC at 5am in 30 degree weather. I wanted a 5900x but it was shortage back then. Glad i bought parts starting last year because prices for parts are crazy.

I ended up building a pc around Feb, 5800x with evga 3080. Had to wait outside a Rockville MC at 5am in 30 degree weather. I wanted a 5900x but it was shortage back then. Glad i bought parts starting last year because prices for parts are crazy.
I got extremely lucky with the 3xxx series cards. Managed to snag a 3090 from a miner for $600 + my 5700 XT back in May and less then a month later I got another off craigslist from a disgruntled housewife for $1,000

A5AAB964-D9A4-4911-B91D-C2CE91FD2ECD.jpeg
ayo @AP2.0 @konceptjones I got this last year just to have some basic shit to play a game I wanted and because I needed one for practical reasons. But as far as gaming goes is there any reason to upgrade this vs putting that money towards a desktop

Gonna start a build around Xmas, my laptop's ram is too low for what I'm doing musically. I'm going at least 32 gbs of ram to future proof it for the next decade or so. Think it'll run me 1.5-2k.

View attachment 619910
ayo @AP2.0 @konceptjones I got this last year just to have some basic shit to play a game I wanted and because I needed one for practical reasons. But as far as gaming goes is there any reason to upgrade this vs putting that money towards a desktop
That’s enough to talk shit online and write papers and then zoom to talk more shit lol.
You can play moderate games but don’t expect Pac-Man to wow you

View attachment 619910

Might wanna see if you can bump that up to 16GB of RAM.

What size drive did you get with it? Both options I see are on the anorexic side.

This is literally the first step

Congrats brother
When I went on the dell site I chatted with one of the sales reps and he recommended the Aurora R13 with an intel 12th gen after I told him what I wanted to do. Problem was I saw that it doesn't come with an optical drive. I know I could just buy an external one but kind of wanted it included. I got some old games on discs that I want to play too

When I went on the dell site I chatted with one of the sales reps and he recommended the Aurora R13 with an intel 12th gen after I told him what I wanted to do. Problem was I saw that it doesn't come with an optical drive. I know I could just buy an external one but kind of wanted it included. I got some old games on discs that I want to play too

he might've been trying to upsell you lol

consider this...

what is the resolution that you want to play most of your triple A title games on max settings? are you cool with 1080? or you want 4k?

this will definitely influence the build.

I'm personally more than comfortable with 1080p. I might not upgrade to 4k until i move to my next house in a few years so 1080 is more than enough for me.

But this will impact what kinda PSU, GPU, and CPU that you need to get.

he might've been trying to upsell you lol

consider this...

what is the resolution that you want to play most of your triple A title games on max settings? are you cool with 1080? or you want 4k?

this will definitely influence the build.

I'm personally more than comfortable with 1080p. I might not upgrade to 4k until i move to my next house in a few years so 1080 is more than enough for me.

But this will impact what kinda PSU, GPU, and CPU that you need to get.
4k. I also want to be able to play games and have around 5 windows open with over 100 tabs total (though I use that tab sleep feature on edge) while downloading and uploading numerous things at the same time. I'll likely keep the PC on for a couple weeks at a time too. Though I may just end up buying a dedicated seedbox

4k. I also want to be able to play games and have around 5 windows open with over 100 tabs total (though I use that tab sleep feature on edge) while downloading and uploading numerous things at the same time. I'll likely keep the PC on for a couple weeks at a time too. Though I may just end up buying a dedicated seedbox

My guy you doing the most but its possible. You basically just want the lastest of everything at this point. unless your willing to give on the 4k gaming or the hundred tabs, prepare to spend 2k.

now if you was willing to do with a little bit less, then I could maybe make some suggestions but as of right now, spend or regret it.

Back