Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

Somewhere around 800 probably but anything cheaper than that would be great

thing is i like survival games, so id want something that could run shit like Rust, Ark and 7 days to die on PC. GTA too

Video cards are dumb expensive right now. And hard to find in stock. Hard to get quality for $600

Video cards are dumb expensive right now. And hard to find in stock. Hard to get quality for $600
If they want a trade off to play in 1080 instead of 4k, it's possible

If the entire setup is $600, then there will certainly be tradeoffs

Gimmick might have been the wrong choice of words....but as mentioned 1080will be fine for me. Guess that'll be one of the things upgraded in the future

4k is a gimmick, don't tell me otherwise cause we just not go agree. 1080 is fine for me.

Lmaoooo. If you say so fam.

Playing games in 4k >>>>>> 1080. Gimmick or not.

Here is my suggestion. @AP21 a good dude, but dont listen to @AP21

Newer games that are coming out that are optimized for next gen are gonna be hard to play on cheaper video cards. If you get a older video card for cheap, itll stop playing games that come put starting next year.

My suggestion is to look for a good video card but get it refurbished. Even if you dont believe in 4k, get a video card that runs 4k games. Get nothing less than a 2080 or an equivalent, and even thats out of date at this point.

New 3080s sell for like $600-$800. Get you a used one from a trusted source for $350 to $400, and go cheap on the rest of your hardware.

Last edited:
If they want a trade off to play in 1080 instead of 4k, it's possible

If the entire setup is $600, then there will certainly be tradeoffs

Dont make people spend $600 to buy something thatll start over heating with games that come out next year.

Better to keep it real with people and tell them to either up the budget to $900-1k, or wait and get one when the prices come back down, which is probably never at this point if we being honest

Can't y'all just buy a all ready put together pc?

You can, ready put gaming pcs got much better. This used to be a horrible option. Its not as bad anymore.

But if your good with your hands, nh, you can build something much better for the same price as a pre built. And by much better, i mean much better.

If that's the case fuck that. I dont game like that. Hell I bought RDR2 day 1 and only completed the opening scene. My nephew to this day still calls wanting to buy my ps4 cause he know it's super lightly used. The gets mad and say "but you don't even play it!". ??

If a gaming pc going to end up being $1500+ I'd rather spend that on my car, which is my main hobby.

If that's the case fuck that. I dont game like that. Hell I bought RDR2 day 1 and only completed the opening scene. My nephew to this day still calls wanting to buy my ps4 cause he know it's super lightly used. The gets mad and say "but you don't even play it!". ??

If a gaming pc going to end up being $1500+ I'd rather spend that on my car, which is my main hobby.

Word. A good gaming pc dont gotta cost 1500. Thats super high end.

Something in the $900 range is good.

And if your not really a gamer, get you a ps5 fam.

If youre not gonna optimize your game and not going to mod it and shit, no need to get a gaming pc

Word. A good gaming pc dont gotta cost 1500. Thats super high end.

Something in the $900 range is good.

And if your not really a gamer, get you a ps5 fam.

If youre not gonna optimize your game and not going to mod it and shit, no need to get a gaming pc
Right. Man I like those GTA 5 videos that be on youtube. Kinda want to do that and probably some type of racing game.

Like I said im a survival gamer

i just wanna be able to play them dope ass survival games without having to lower all my settings everytime i wanna play.

If I could get some shit that'll run GTA then that'll be cool too but my main focus is gonna be survival games mostly and most of the joints I wanna run dont even got super nice graphics like GTA got my PC still cant handle running them without lagging tho

Like I said im a survival gamer

i just wanna be able to play them dope ass survival games without having to lower all my settings everytime i wanna play.

If I could get some shit that'll run GTA then that'll be cool too but my main focus is gonna be survival games mostly and most of the joints I wanna run dont even got super nice graphics like GTA got my PC still cant handle running them without lagging tho
Specs?

I been wanting to get into pc gaming for a while , gta rp & cfb revamped speeding up the process.

Is it a must to build one or are there any stock pc’s capable?

Dont make people spend $600 to buy something thatll start over heating with games that come out next year.

Better to keep it real with people and tell them to either up the budget to $900-1k, or wait and get one when the prices come back down, which is probably never at this point if we being honest
It really just depends on the person

They give a budget and a timetable and we can find something that works for them.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. You make some very valid points.

If someone says they only wanna spend $600, then the build has to match that.

I know one of my rigs can handle quite a few of the newer games at max settings but it's not a must for me. I am fine with high. I've also gotten into more click and point kinda games and not controller centric triple AAA titles.

If the goal is to play GTA and make it look like a video, I personally wouldn't build a rig specifically just for that game, however, there are people still playing Skyrim with visual mods that look very 4k-ish.

TL;dr. There is no one size fits all approach. I think there's something that will suit him to get started and then he can update at his leisure

Back