Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

Is that just for the machine or are you factoring in keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc...

truth be told you can prolly do it for under a grand. I'll see what's out there and slap together a parts list.

Nigga just my fyi for the new generation: The age of watercooling sh*t is gone. I have done so much of that sh*t, in my 2000-2010's... having leaks, etc. Nobody does that anymore... Do NOT spend your hard earned money on that.

Nigga just my fyi for the new generation: The age of watercooling sh*t is gone. I have done so much of that sh*t, in my 2000-2010's... having leaks, etc. Nobody does that anymore... Do NOT spend your hard earned money on that.
yeah, I don't think none of these cats care about that lol

I don't think nobody in here really over clocking like that either

Go for 64. Most BIOS upgrades now let you move from 32 to 64. Money well spent

32GB is overkill for the vast majority of people. My primary workstation has 16GB and I need it because I typically run 3-4 full-on server virtual machines while I'm working (right now I'm prototyping a mariadb cluster with three nodes and a 4th node running MaxScale). My browsers can have anywhere from 40-60 tabs open at a time plus I have extra shit open. Even with all of that, right now I'm at about 12GB in use. Gaming doesn't require anywhere near that much RAM.

processes.png

Truth be told, most people would be fine on 8GB. My two younges kids' laptops have 8GB (and they're usually buried in an IDE working on games they're creating, if not that they're playing games), my middle daughter's desktop has 8GB (and she's constantly gaming), two of my laptops have 8GB (one of which I ran my consulting company from), my wife's laptop has 8GB, it's fine for daily use.

64GB is massive overkill if you plan on just gaming and the money can be spent on other things like getting a better cpu/gpu.

16GB is the sweet spot at the moment for gaming. 32GB if you wanna future proof your rig and do some video editing as well.

I thinking about getting a laptop for real and it really only one of game I want and that’s Crusader Kings 2 these the requirements

205936A4-0192-4644-92A7-92A1301B1369.png

Back