Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Too Short

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Apparently you have to be a wack ass MC to be a legend

Too Short rapped with 2pac, Jay-Z, & Biggie from 1995-1998..He is far from wack....He is a bonafide Legend. people in Oakland don't call him Too Short they call him by his government name Todd....

Too Short in a nutshell influenced raunchy, dirty rap. He wasn’t the greatest MC or anything but he was one of the few to do what he did early on & sustain success. You can be a legend & not exactly be a great MC or even have a classic. If you influence a curtain part of the game it should be recognized. Y’all niggas not voting Mos Def & Cam tho...

giphy.gif

Honestly I struggled calling him a vet

He Devin The Dude status to me

Never heard a too short song in my life

I only know dude from dropping an album every year for the last 30 years and 43 ppl care each time

Never heard a too short song in my life

I only know dude from dropping an album every year for the last 30 years and 43 ppl care each time

I kno you're tryna be funny w/ the hyperbole

but think, for him to drop albums & tour for 3 decades means he's gettin sum level of support

& I'm noticing a trend in these threads

sum of yall voting off emotions lol

There's a thing called respect where you don't have to like them (or the music), but still recognize their contribution

I kno you're tryna be funny w/ the hyperbole

but think, for him to drop albums & tour for 3 decades means he's gettin sum level of support

& I'm noticing a trend in these threads

sum of yall voting off emotions lol

There's a thing called respect where you don't have to like them (or the music), but still recognize their contribution

I ain't vote though because I'm not qualified

I ain't these other niggas

I was addressing your hyperbolic statement of only 40 people supporting him over 3 decades

everybody else voting off emotions w/ the "I don't like his music, so he's not a vet/legend" post

The nigga can barely rap.

Even the nigga's in here trying to argue that homie's a legend are saying they can't say why, he just is. Nah fuck that.

Nigga aint no legend.

I was addressing your hyperbolic statement of only 40 people supporting him over 3 decades

everybody else voting off emotions w/ the "I don't like his music, so he's not a vet/legend" post
And yes Brian, I was joking but the consensus has been

"Too short just dropped an album..."

"Another one?"

"Yeah"

"Okay"

for the last 12 years

And yeah in that sense you are right about the voting

Btw I would probably vote him a legend

Outside of a few songs (The Ghetto, In The Trunk, I’m a Player, Buy You Some, Gettin It, and Blow The Whistle) I wasn’t a fan of his music like that, and I thought he was kinda wack, but he’s still a legend.

Call it the "it" factor

you born w/ it or not

& you're not gonna have rap career for 30yrs if the majority of the people think you're "wack", "trash" or "can barley rap"

How sway?

Then you;re a vet, not a legend. That's the purpose of this series. There's tons of rappers who been in the game for a long time, they're all not legends, including this nigga.

"he's the face of wyoming" , who gives af. U gotta give me more than "he's the face of the bay" , i could give 2 fucks.

Back