Welcome To aBlackWeb

Legend or Vet: Juvenile

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Just solo,

Juvie's stats from 97-2003 vs Nelly's 2000 run was better??

Yes. Nelly was better.

Country Grammar, Nellyville, & Sweat/Suit sold like 20 mil collectively. And produced like 10+ hits

Luda came out in 2003, Juvie still had "In My Life" and "Set It Off' along with Slow Motion all in heavy rotation, which was bigger than what Luda did in 03?? Nelly may have had a better 00-02 than Juvie's 00-02 year.

Luda's 1st album was 99, but he blow up w/ Back. Along w/ Word of Mouf & Chicken n Beer which sold like 9 mil collectively and the 10+ hits he had over that time fame, yes.

Luda & Nelly's 2000-2003/4 run was better than Juvies.

Yes. Nelly was better.

Country Grammar, Nellyville, & Sweat/Suit sold like 20 mil collectively. And produced like 10+ hits

Luda's 1st album was 99, but he blow up w/ Back. Along w/ Word of Mouf & Chicken n Beer which sold like 9 mil collectively and the 10+ hits he had over that time fame, yes.

Luda & Nelly's 2000-2003/4 run was better than Juvies.

Fuck the numbers.

Juvenile has better albums

"riight" ....I fuk wit Nelly's 1st 2, especially Country Grammar.

But I'll take Luda's WoM, Back, CnB, and Red Light District over Juvies post 2000 albums.

Hell naw fam

Juve the Great and Reality Check alone is better than anything Luda every put out

I'm from Massachusetts so I don't have any sentimental feelings about Juvenile being from The South. I remember when the song Ha blew up. I also remember Slow Motion and Back That Ass Up. Those three songs are classics, coming from a person from Massachusetts.

But if we're talking "legends" here is my criteria;

100 years from now if you wrote a book about Hip Hop from 1973-2020 there's a lot of people that were hot for a few years and fell off. There's alot of people that were the first person to do something, and later fell off. And then you have the people that came into the game smokin hot and stayed smoking hot for 20+ years.

Somebody that was clearly the first to do something is a legend (Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5, Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, Eric B & Rakim, NWA, 2 Live Crew, Master P)

An artist that was hot for 20 years is a "veteran", but not necessarily a "legend" (Jadakiss, Lil Wayne, Fat Joe)

Then you have artists that weren't hot for 20 years (Juvenille, Slick Rick, Ja Rule, Cam'ron) but when they were hot, they were smoking hot! I'm not sure what to call these artists that were hot for a few years and faded into oblivion.

would say legend cuz he helped new orleans on the hip hop map, however master p exists too so idk

Cam'ron is a fucking legend

What did he do to make him a legend?

His music was hot, but so was everybody else at the time.

He had a crew (Dipset) and put them on, but so did Fat Joe, Beanie Sigel, Nas, Jay, Eminem, Busta, Even Big and Pac put their crew on.

He wasn't the first rapper from Harlem, Kool Moe Dee came 20 years prior.

If you count his early days with C.O.C. you could argue he was around for 10 consecutive years, but he wasn't "hot" for 10 consecutive years.

This is who we've voted on so far...... Jesus Christ ABW hosts some of the worst hiphop opinion on earth.

Legend

50 Cent
Ice T ........................................... smh
Too Short........................................................ smh
Lauryn Hill
DMX
Prodigy
E-40....................................
Lil Wayne
Gucci Mane....
MC Hammer , smh/lol
Lil Jon...
Q-Tip
Andre 3000
Big Pun
Black Thought.....
Uncle Luke..............
Slick Rick
Common
Queen Latifah
Redman
T.I

Vet

Jeezy
Juvenile
Mos Def
Beans
Ludacris
Cam'ron
Devin The Dude
Lupe
Project Pat
Game
Ja Rule
Twista
Fab
Jadakiss
Rick Ross

Gucci a legend but Ross, Kiss and Juvenile not?

I swear I’ll shoot a fade with all you niggas

Back