Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Jadakiss

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
So cuz I don't think Lox is legendary, means I think Migos are... :huh2:

All that T&A in the Mega is clearly fuckn up your critical thinking skills... :lol9:
Lol, you clearly said just because the LOX only have 3 albums that you don't think they're a legendary group, it's your opinion either way though. It's not all about albums to deem a group legendary. It's the fact that they've been in the game for 20+ years, never fell out, always dropped solo albums with each other on it. D-Dot just said they the best group of all time, his reasoning is on point.. what other groups you know besides the obvious is giving you what the LOX gave Hip Hop?

Lol, you clearly said just because the LOX only have 3 albums that you don't think they're a legendary group, it's your opinion either way though. It's not all about albums to deem a group legendary.

It Takes A Nation
Paid in Full
Low End Theory/Midnight Marauders
Atliens/Aquemini
Straight Outta Compton
Raising Hell
36 Chambers/Forever

^from groups that are legendary, cuz of their ALBUMS. No Lox album has EVER been mentioned in the same breathe w/ these.

always dropped solo albums with each other on it.

I don't do that Wu-Tang shit and count Supreme Clientele as a Wu album cuz Ghostface did it and it had Wu-Tang members on it.

D-Dot just said they the best group of all time, his reasoning is on point..

And!

what other groups you know besides the obvious is giving you what the LOX gave Hip Hop?

See the list above. Plus a few more I forgot

We Are The Streets was the shit... you need to revisit that album again and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure if they was able to own their masters, they would've released more group albums. Like I said, you have your opinion and I have mine.

Same as a T.I or a Fab or a Cassidy or a Joe Budden or a Royce or a Memphis Bleek

Vets who have poor discographys, are one dimensional and offer nothing musically besides rapping bars, can't make songs, heavy reliance on RnB singers to feature and do the hooks on their singles due to hooks being their weakness and not being able to do them

However they please their core fans with their technical lyrical ability and 16 bar verses or feature appearances

Same as a T.I or a Fab or a Cassidy or a Joe Budden or a Royce or a Memphis Bleek

Vets who have poor discographys, are one dimensional and offer nothing musically besides rapping bars, can't make songs, heavy reliance on RnB singers to feature and do the hooks on their singles due to hooks being their weakness and not being able to do them

However they please their core fans with their technical lyrical ability and 16 bar verses or feature appearances
Joe Budden is one dimensional??? Stop it...

Fam, let it go. That shit is eating you up inside.

I'm still pissed about that shit

tumblr_pba86yD5G41qbxh0uo1_400.gifv

but nah, on the real, i'm just callin out the bullshit. Too short didn't even make our top 50 rappers of alltime list. I'm pretty sure jada was in the top 25. HOW DF, jada NOT a legend, but Too Short is. Shit doesn't even sound right.

Legendary mixtape rapper?? Seem like his best bars come from mixtapes

I'm still pissed about that shit

tumblr_pba86yD5G41qbxh0uo1_400.gifv

but nah, on the real, i'm just callin out the bullshit. Too short didn't even make our top 50 rappers of alltime list. I'm pretty sure jada was in the top 25. HOW DF, jada NOT a legend, but Too Short is. Shit doesn't even sound right.

@Goldie I can explain it.

The 80s were a completely different era. The landscape was different. Too $hort started making tapes in 1983, his first song came out in 1985, and his first album dropped in 1987. He had a style that was all his own and he repped The Bay at a time when we (East Coast) considered Hip Hop to be a NYC thing. Too $hort, Ice T and NWA (and later MC Hammer) broke down barriers. They kicked in the door for a whole coast. Ditto with the 2 Live Crew in Florida.

I grew up in Massachusetts. We were a little more open to different regions than New York, but personally I didn't fuck with Too $hort. I thought his raps were slow and basic. It took me a long time and several trips to California to really appreciate his style. Basically Too $hort raps at half the speed of New York rappers in the same way that Nas raps twice the speed of Southern rappers. It's not a diss but it is what it is.

Anyway, Too $hort is the first person I think of when I think of old school California rappers, or rappers that represent The Bay.

As far as Jadakiss is concerned, he's nice as fuck and if I was making an album I'd try to get him as a featured artist, but if we're being honest with each other, if you erased everything Jadakiss ever contributed to Hip Hop, there wouldn't be much of a difference. But if you erased everything Too $hort contributed to Hip Hop you'd be missing out on 80s Bay Area Hip Hop.

I don't know if you've ever driven around The Bay Area but if you ever get a chance, drive around Oakland bumping these songs

That's a horrible analogy.

Nobody from Run-DMC made the list either. So they not legendary as well?

How can you have legendary verses and not be a legend !?

:niggaa:

Fab. Fab has some legendary verses and punches out there and weaves them shits into whole tracks back to back to back, but he's not transcendent.

Jada in that Fab lane to me: he had all the weaponry but none of the It factor. Too Short got that nod over him because he transcends the Bay. Like dude said above, in NYC it was...

Local. It's a big locale, but homie is local. Ain't nobody outside of real hip hop circles can rap me one Jada bar--and that shit counts when you talk legendary. To be around 20+ years and the most anybody can say is, "Oh, that's dude from the Benjamins video, right?" Nah, homie. Take your feelings out of these things and it makes sense. He's a vet.

Back