Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lavar Ball- Great Father/Business man or a fool?

Sad part in this is Alan foster has been accused of fraud....I knew this back a while.
Google his name with chino hills.
I just didn't post about it cuz its dudes business.
I said it back on the ic.
That's why I feel back from bashing lavar.
His arrogance blinded him from seeing this coming.

I also said this is all lonzo funded...
And the was Alan's idea.

Fool's have a habit of getting people's attention & being an AGENT relies on being in the business of getting people's attention; so he had the right skill for the right business. Some of his moves were smart, it was his persona that wreaked of ignorance.

this whiole shit is crazy.....
fisrt they say throw out your merch and then lavar says the company wont stop.

so what about the people who thru they stuff out to support?

this whiole shit is crazy.....
fisrt they say throw out your merch and then lavar says the company wont stop.

so what about the people who thru they stuff out to support?
They were dumb to throw it out

Lakers’ Lonzo Ball to make own business decisions, starting with new agent

Having parted ways with his agent, Lonzo Ball is searching for a new one.

Creative Artists Agency has emerged as a front-runner to represent Ball, but he and his team are evaluating prospective agents, according to people familiar with the process.

While word is spreading around the agencies that LaVar Ball is driving the search, Lonzo Ball told the Los Angeles Times on Thursday night that he alone will make his business decisions. Asked specifically if his father was involved, Lonzo Ball said no.

A person familiar with the situation said LaVar Ball has not participated in any official discussions about his son’s future business dealings as Lonzo Ball’s team of attorneys and advisors determines how to remove him from the orbit of Alan Foster, a man who they allege stole millions from him and mismanaged his finances.

On Tuesday, Lonzo and Big Baller Brand, a company Lonzo Ball owns 51% of, sued Foster and are asking for damages of more than $2 million. LaVar’s name did not appear anywhere on the complaint.

The lawsuit alleges that Foster made withdrawals of more than $1.5 million that remain unaccounted for and used ill-gotten funds to make purchases in Ethiopia as a way to hide the money. It also said Lonzo Ball, as the majority owner of Big Baller Brand, had removed Foster as a manager of the company.

Lonzo Ball announced two weeks ago that he would sever all ties with Foster, who was once LaVar’s best friend and owned 16.3% of Big Baller Brand. Ball said in a statement that he planned to empower his financial manager, Humble Lukanga, his manager, Darren Moore, and his agent, Harrison Gaines, to take a more active role in his career going forward.

Ball and Gaines, though, decided recently to part ways. Gaines represented Ball when he entered the NBA and was eventually tasked with representing his brothers, LiAngelo and LaMelo. LaMelo, 17, has been a student at Spire Academy, which is based in Cleveland.

Gaines is the founder and CEO of Slash Sports and Entertainment, which represents several professional basketball players. Gaines’ clients include Sparks point guard Odyssey Sims; Jabari Brown, who spent time with the Lakers during the 2014-15 season; Jamaal Franklin and Isaiah Austin, who play in China; Xavier Thames, who plays in Hungary and Yale guard Miye Oni, who has entered the NBA draft.

According to NBPA rules, Ball must wait 15 days from the time he officially parted with Gaines before signing with another agent.

LaVar Ball: NCAA using LaMelo Ball's eligibility to 'prove a point

LaVar Ball has already said that his youngest son LaMelo will “definitely” play basketball overseas rather than play college basketball. Not shockingly, he’s putting blame for that decision on the NCAA.

The elder Ball admitted during Sunday’s episode of “Ball in the Family” that LaMelo faced an uphill battle to receive NCAA eligibility. While you’d think LaMelo’s time playing for a professional team in Lithuania, or serving as a pitchman for his family’s shoe brand, or literally hiring an agent would be why a college career is unlikely for LaMelo, LaVar instead claimed the NCAA had it out for his youngest son.

“It’s going to be hard getting Melo into a college program because the NCAA wants to prove a point,” Ball said. “But I do know for a fact that Melo brings a crowd and he wins, so if you can get the guy that can entertain, and win, and put people in the seats, that’s what you start your program with.”

To be fair to LaVar, that “point” might simply be that you can’t play with pros, endorse a sneaker and hire an agent and honestly expect to play college ball.

His Lithuanian career over, LaMelo has played this season for the SPIRE Institute, an elite prep program in Ohio as he prepares for the next step in his basketball career. While LaMelo has repeatedly said he wants to play in college, eligibility is a long shot at best for a litany of reasons.

Some members of the Ball family’s inner circle discussed the upcoming legal fight later in the episode, and couldn’t, for the life of them, think of a reason why the NCAA wants to keep Ball out.

“I’ve been getting calls from top colleges in the country, but their biggest thing is ‘Is the NCAA going to let him play?’” said Spire Institute coach Jermaine Jackson. “There’s nothing illegal that he’s done. He’s a normal student-athlete, just like everyone else is ... He’s good because he’s taken his classes, he’s doing everything he’s supposed to do like a regular kid.”

“There’s no reason for him to not be eligible,” said Ball family business partner Alan Foster (this episode was taped in the winter, before the Ball family cut ties with Foster).

When asked how he feels about the status of his eligibility, LaMelo simply said, “I don’t know, it don’t make sense.”

Of course, contrary to Jackson’s and Foster’s assertion, there were plenty of reasons for Ball not to be eligible. Rather than a lengthy and potentially costly fight with the NCAA over those reasons, LaVar eventually decided to have LaMelo prepare for the NBA overseas.

what i dont like about this now......hes changing the narrative.
he talked all that shit about the NCAA....now they are the problem?
he was the one trying to prove a point not them.

Lavar is annoying I would be embarrased if he was my dad but he got his son in the league on the Lakers.

Its not all lavar's fault.

For $450, your child can hang out with LaVar Ball in Europe or Qatar

As legal fires rage at home, the Ball family is going international.

Basketball’s loudest family announced the opening of the 2019 Big Baller Brand Mini Camp, in which young basketball players of all skill levels can pay the low price of 400 Euros for a two-day coaching session.

Details are predictably sparse in the camp’s website. What we do know is that the camp is scheduled to take place in Doha, Qatar, as well as three European cities, and a place in the camp will cost families 400 euros (around $450).

The camp, run by a company graded with an F by the Better Business Bureau, promises the typo-filled following:

• Interaction with “Lavar (sic) Ball and all Ball family” (the camp’s site didn’t correctly capitalize LaVar’s name)
  • eligibility to be a draft pick for the Junior Basketball Association World Tour Team (that’s still going?)

• professional basketball coaches. (that’s good!)

• “a gift package, including a food (sic) on camp day” (also good!)
It’s more than a little surprising that the Ball family is proceeding with this. Dysfunction has defined Big Baller Brand even more than usual since company co-founder Alan Foster was forced out after $1.5 million went suspiciously missing. Lonzo Ball, the company’s majority owner, seemed to signal the death of the company when he covered his tattoo of the BBB logo.

Big Baller Brand’s site isn’t even live right now, its Twitter account hasn’t tweeted in over a month and its financial manager might be headed to jail, again. And now, they’re going to run a basketball camp across four countries on the other side of the globe?

This is all to say one simple thing: Buyer beware.

Back